Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The banshee has a mowed... lawn?
So this morning I'm having my three cups of morning coffee, when I heard the neighbors lawn mower start up, then heard it bog down with 30inches of weeds and grass followed by the familiar sounds of the Banshee wailing.

I went to my window and watched her attempting to mow the grass... ok weeds. Feeling sorry for her (after finishing my coffee first - coffee is the most important meal of the day) I tool my weed eater and some extension cord over.

At first she was suspicious as I told her the grass (weeds) are too high and she will need to cut them down first with the weed eater. After several attempts at teaching her how to use the weed eater effectively, using back and forth motions to 'sweep' the grass down - and many interesting profanities, I ended up saying 'Here, let me do this'.

So I went ahead and starting weed eating the tall lawn down to a more imaginable size. She goes inside to have her coffee or whatever it is that banshees drink (Warm blood?) About a half hour later she comes out and starts screaming at me to stop.

"Your doing it wrong its too high!"

"Well that is why we are going to mow it once I get the majority cleared away."

"No - Do it right!" (or words to that effect, did I mention she has a potty mouth?).

So I stood there 'arguing' with her the fine details of how she allowed her lawn to get knee high to a giraffe and that it needs to be cut down to a size that the mower can handle.

Shaking her head she goes back in for more blood (or whatever) throwing 'Don't mess it up David is going to be angry (David is her husband's name).

So I cut it all down, bundle up the sheaves of hay/straw and carry them over to my compost heap - it will make nice mulch I think. Then I proceed to mow.

Think she was grateful? Oh nooooo. She is screaming 'You killed my Lawn! you f-ing idiot you killed my lawn!'

I tried to explain to her that yes the lawn is going to be brown because it was so tall the bottoms of the weeds died out, but with regular watering it will turn green again.

She doesn't get. She is still screaming and ranting when I tool my toys and went home.

Now Jesus commands us to "love our neighbors" - I have to wonder if Jesus had her in mind.....

:tongue:

well i think Jesus had everybody in mind, but don't forget there's a difference between "loving" someone and liking someone:biggrin:

I think she has a demon (or two...or three or four) in her. Really...I believe that 100% from reading your posts. Once you identify the demon and understand that is what you are looking at...it can be quite interesting. You can even trick the demon after awhile and get a glimpse of the person trapped behind it.

Maybe next time you show her the INCREDIBLE KINDNESS you showed her today (what you did was really very nice especially considering how she has treated you and continued to treat you)...next time bring her a treat (two maybe)...and hand it to her and let her know that you brought one for the demon and one for her! Maybe bring a pint of blood for the demon and a cup of coffee for her:biggrin:

Bowyn, you're just too good to be true... Pity she's such a pinhead

East Wrote:I think she has a demon (or two...or three or four) in her. Really...I believe that 100% from reading your posts. Once you identify the demon and understand that is what you are looking at...it can be quite interesting. You can even trick the demon after awhile and get a glimpse of the person trapped behind it.

Maybe next time you show her the INCREDIBLE KINDNESS you showed her today (what you did was really very nice especially considering how she has treated you and continued to treat you)...next time bring her a treat (two maybe)...and hand it to her and let her know that you brought one for the demon and one for her! Maybe bring a pint of blood for the demon and a cup of coffee for her:biggrin:
and than when the moment is right and you gain her trust, you and a priest( maybe several of themWink) ambush her and exercise the demons out of her:biggrin:

Okay...

I was just passing by my laptop, then standing there with a soda in my hand, checking my emails and what's new here. When I got to "Let me do this," I put the soda on the table, just to be sure I wouldn't drop it. When I got to "a half hour later she comes out" I needed to sit down. Because, really? :eek:

And then I remembered your comment about a pulsing artery :biggrin: Maybe that's where your indulgence toward her comes from? Wink
Really Bowyn, I have no words.

On the other hand, what do you think her husband will say? You just did his job. If that happened to me, I would be pretty embarrassed and, just to hide my embarrassment, perhaps angry. I am afraid you can't win this. You just stepped in between them and their own problems. I am not sure if there is anything good in this for you in the future. I wish it was, but I don't know. Maybe I am not open-minded enough. I hope you won't have two enemies now instead of one.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Really Bowyn, you're old enough to know better.

Smile

Nick,

I doubt the husband will mind. After all he is working everyday at his shop to keep it afloat 8+ hours a day. After all I called his wife a... well you know... and he was pretty calm about it, even understanding.

East,

You know that thought has crossed my mind. Especially the way 'the puppy' (our 13 nearly 14 year old Black Lab) behaves around her. Sirius (the lab) doesn't like the woman. She steps out of the house and Sirius' fur stands up on end. Sirius is the kind of dog that will knock a person down and lick them to death, not an aggressive dog at all.

A few days ago I was out pulling weeds in the veg garden and the ravens we have around here were sitting neatly on the property fence quietly watching me toil (most likely plotting to raid the garden later this year) and she steps out and they all turn around and start they cawing at her kind of crazy like. Flapping their wings and acting like she was the worst thing to enter the scene.

I was kind of afraid to put voice to the idea, but now that someone else is saying it..... Well what can I say?

Yes Jaxc. I know there is a difference between liking and loving... Wink

True Late bloomer - no good deed goes unpunished. :biggrin:

It always amazes me that in a country as violent as ours, where people are murdered for the most trivial of reasons on a seemingly daily basis, how people like the banshee stay alive. :confused:

I suppose demonic insights and/or powers is as good an answer as any.

Bowyn, I really admire you trying to placate the Banshee , you did a wonderful thing trying to help her out.
I am really starting to wonder if she has mental issues.
At any rate you did a good deed today, good for you.