Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick of British guys!
I met a really incredible American guy this year at university. We hit it off and enjoyed a good few months of each other's company. He was sweet and gorgeous, intelligent, interested and dreamy. We were both into each other. I think the real attraction was that we didn't meet on the scene. We met in a straight bar through friends. Then the reality set in that he was only on an exchange program so last month he headed back to the States. I was gutted. Since then I've been pretty depressed.

I am not attracted to British guys at all, despite being British myself. I find they are usually overly slutty, over the top, bitchy and insipid. They think dressing like sluts and fake tanning and acting like a complete dick/bitch is supposed to be attractive or 'cool'. It depresses me that the scene is where the gay guys are but in England the gay guys are just repulsive. ALL of the foreign guys I have met and am either friends with or have dated have been a lot more low-key, interesting, wholesome and most importantly, looking for a boyfriend! American guys especially are so friendly, honest and interesting.

When I go out in London or in my home town (Liverpool) all of the guys are so different to what I am attracted to - they are just OTT and divas. I have NOTHING in common with them as they are usually chavs stuck in dead end lives (not being harsh, but this really is the truth for the majority of them) or in careers I have nothing in common with nor any interest in such as fashion, hairdressing, dance... The guys I am into are like the complete opposite.

Now that American guy has gone I feel really depressed because I really am sick of British guys - I am not interested in dating any of them.

This is problematic because a LDR with someone from another country would probably not end up working and be painful, as well as expensive and I am stuck in the UK because when I practice law I will be based in London.

How can I deal with this issue?

awww come on, we all speak the same language. I was friends with a UK guy here in the states and it was a disappointment when he left.

-you might target UK men who have already been in a relationship.
-keeping it less than 10 years difference you might look for someone older.

Hmmm. I'm an Aussie and I have met some awesome Poms. I have also met some awesome Americans, Canadians, South Africans, Japanese, Thai's, Filipinos and Kiwis.

I have also met some slutty Indians, Scots, Chinese, Irish, Singaporeans, Latinos.

So by your generalisation my experience should lead me to believe that all Poms, Americans, Canadians ets are the cream of the crop and the rest are not worthy.

Is it difficult being so judgemental based on the experience with one person?

Or is it far more difficult to stop looking in all the wrong places?

Generalizations are never nice for anyone...especially for yourself.

I hear people do it all the time about people in bars as though we were some kind of lepers....:eek:

The British guys I know are fabulous people...havent' really met any that I can remember that I didn't like.

Its kind of the same in Sweden, or I am not sure. I've not seen so many I know that is gay, I mean obviously not everyone is a screaming artificial queens but unfortunately those I've meet so far is. But stuff in general is handled very discreetly in Sweden, We had spring pride festival last week and it is fully accepted here to be gay (although obviously, just like anywhere, there will always be those who toss stones) but I saw noone that I thought was just screaming Gaaaayy. I don't know but why not work abroad for a while? I've been thinking about it for a while. Or perhaps don't be so quick to judge, maybe there is more that is gays but are more discreet unlike those you've meet. From my knowledge is the British very polite and nice Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Firstly Welcome to the forum.

britishstudent Wrote:They think dressing like sluts and fake tanning and acting like a complete dick/bitch is supposed to be attractive or 'cool'.

britishstudent Wrote:all of the guys are so different to what I am attracted to - they are just OTT and divas. I have NOTHING in common with them as they are usually chavs stuck in dead end lives (not being harsh, but this really is the truth for the majority of them) or in careers I have nothing in common with nor any interest in such as fashion, hairdressing, dance... The guys I am into are like the complete opposite.

How can you say that and tarnish every British guy with the same brush. So you have met some guys that you did not like but come on now not everyone you will meet will be like that.

I’m british and i'm no chav or have any interest with fashion and hairdressing. Granted I love dance music but I can't dance to save my life.

britishstudent Wrote:How can I deal with this issue?

Broaden your horizons, how about online dating. Is any LGBT clubs at your uni?

lol dont tar us all with the same brush, i'm from Newcastle and we might have something to say about southerners ;-)

Crash Wrote:Firstly Welcome to the forum.

How can you say that and tarnish every British guy with the same brush. So you have met some guys that you did not like but come on now not everyone you will meet will be like that.

I’m british and i'm no chav or have any interest with fashion and hairdressing. Granted I love dance music but I can't dance to save my life.

Broaden your horizons, how about online dating. Is any LGBT clubs at your uni?

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I am sorry if my post sounded hate-filled, I realize now that it did, but I had to vent. Maybe I am just sad that what I had with the guy could never work out. I don't know.

My university does have an LGB soc but I never have time during term to go because I always have so much work. I am going to make more of an effort to go next year, the good thing about my uni is it is very international.

I am also 'strange' I suppose in that I do not seek out no strings sex. I came to a realization about a year ago that what I truly want is a companion. But I doubt I'll find that in England.

Oh come on now, I mean.. welcome to the forums and all, not all of us brits are like those stereotypes you listed above, I myself am from scotland and well.. aint ANYTHING like what you've said above, you're always going to get the bad apples that do anything and everything for a bit of attention, please.. open your eyes a bit more, explore around more and you'll find that we aint all like that. Confusedmile:

MidgetGem Wrote:Oh come on now, I mean.. welcome to the forums and all, not all of us brits are like those stereotypes you listed above, I myself am from scotland and well.. aint ANYTHING like what you've said above, you're always going to get the bad apples that do anything and everything for a bit of attention, please.. open your eyes a bit more, explore around more and you'll find that we aint all like that. Confusedmile:

You don't understand - I didn't say I am put off by British guys only because of those reasons - I am put off by British guys for no reason at all. I am just not attracted to them. It's my culture, so naturally I find it boring and uninteresting. I need excitement and someone from a completely different background. I dunno. I feel lost.