Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mushrooms
ok so first of all i am NOT a drug user. i think addictions of this kind are dangerous and i'd never in my life try the heavy stuff "just for fun" as that's some pretty serious shit to deal with if you get hooked. and it's not really my thing.

i was however curious to see what the fuss was all about with pot / hash and magic mushrooms.

i don't smoke so the pot hurt my throat and lungs, making me cough for a long time. the effect was either absent or unpleasant (drowsiness, sickness etc.)

a few days ago i tried mushrooms and it was the worst experience in my life. at first i got just a bit sleepy, which i felt was disappointing, but a few minutes later things became a bit strange - the image became sharper, more in focus, like a 3D movie on a big screen; the colours were changing from reddish hues to orange, green etc.; the shadows on objects started to play and move; time seemed to stand still, and my perception was altered like i was seeing a movie and not my own life. all this was quite interesting and peachy until i realised i had no control over it. and that's when it got worse. i had a panic attack. a siren kept screaming in my head, like a warning that i was in danger. i became really afraid of what i might do, the sounds and colours amplified to a horrifying haze of sensorial nightmares. i couldn't taste or sense anything real, it all seemed like a bad dream that i would never wake up from. thinking was not an option, all there was was that moment of horror that i was going through.

i was with my brother, his girlfriend and two of their friends. they don't know i'm gay. so naturally i was also afraid i might let something slip in that state which would not have been pretty. it was like there was a huge spotlight on me, while everyone else was part of some distorted carnival ride. i started to become really afraid by this point - i had no idea one can feel things like this in real life, in a non-onirical setting... the only thing i wanted was for the sensation to be over. i started drinking coke and they ordered an ice cream for me. i didn't let the turmoil show, but i was frozen and with an icy look on my face (so i have been told). they could not tell what i was thinking, because i kept my control through it all (looking back, i am very proud of myself, as in my head it was a hurricane). i held on to my brother's arm as it was one of the few things keeping me grounded in reality. i even cried for a bit from all the tension in my mind.

then we left and on the street i just stayed by his arm as they took me to a restaurant (the sounds and lights didn't help, and i kept having the - thank god! false - impression i peed my pants) and we had dinner (again, i was not ACTING mad or anything, i tried so hard to control myself). things slowly came back into focus, the panic diminished and then went away, and an hour later i was a-ok.

it was horrible. losing control over your perception, feelings, thoughts... reality. also it seems my subconscious still has some unsolved issues regarding my social status (fear of disappointing, both for me being gay and for the standards i am supposed to hold in front of my family college-wise) and possibly a fear of dying as well. the feeling cannot really be described without using a lot of references to a nightmare. needless to say, i will never do anything like this again. what started out as mere curiosity strengthened my belief that i am very happy with being myself and i don't need enhancers of any kind to improve my state of mind - socially (drugs, alcohol, smoking etc.)

i just wanted to ask if any of you had similar experiences and if you learned something from them. i sure did.

thanks for reading.
pocketed pilgrim.

That's a bloody scary story!

I mean I'd probably still have a go given the chance, just for the experience...
But bloody ell! :eek:

Wilem Wrote:That's a bloody scary story!

I mean I'd probably still have a go given the chance, just for the experience...
But bloody ell! :eek:

well my brother's girlfriend was the only other person to try the mushrooms, the rest passed. she was fine, enjoying herself, so i guess hers was a pleasant experience (she even tried them the second evening). depends on the person i guess.

what is the effect of alcohol on you?

I can honestly say I've never had the slightest interest to try any type of drug... except alcohol of course!

I believe I was hotboxed/greenhoused once, whatever you wanna call it, but didn't really feel the effects too much.

Yup, I'm with Wouldlikemuscle - unfortunately I cannot help you on this one babe :frown:.

However, couldn't you ask F.R.A.N.K. for information on magic mushrooms to see whether the side-effects you felt from taking them are standard ?

http://www.talktofrank.com/home_html.aspx

It's a fantastic web-site that ... well worth bookmarking.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Magic mushrooms can complicate any mental health issues you may have.

ha ha, well now i KNOW i have to take one of those psychological tests, seems my labyrinthic subconscious is playing tricks on me :biggrin:

thanks for the site! oh and i will NEVER try any kind of sensorial enhancers again. lesson learned and noted. Smile

shadow Wrote:However, couldn't you ask F.R.A.N.K. for information on magic mushrooms to see whether the side-effects you felt from taking them are standard ?

Thought you were speaking of me Xyxwave

In the old days magic mushrooms and lsd parties usually had a leader to kinda show a positive way to the trip/tripper.

I only had mushrooms once and they were too dried out and musty and didnt have any effect. I have tripped on lsd a number of times (usually a quarter hit) and must say that it is my fav drug but dont recommend it for every day use. My first trip was at a midnite showing of a arty british film. It was three of us and all newbies. We were in the balcony where it was a little less crowded. We kept asking eachother if anyone felt anything "No, nothing" but suddenly the screen went into 16 dimensions. And the crazy thing was that it hit us at the same time. We literally started screaming. It was a very sensual film and the one girl in our group had a crush on me but knew I was gay... but that didnt stop her... As we excited the theatre it started snowing. It was so beautiful. All our senses were totally alive... It was a great trip.

The greatest trip was with my bf. We went to Tokyo Disneyland for new years eve. It stays open all nite. It was a pretty crazy visual time.

I had a few bad trips also but found even those experiences very enlightening. I guess the thing to remember is that you can control it. You are right that whatever is going on in your head is amplified by the mushrooms but you are still in control. You may have been in the wrong setting or taken too much for your first time. I am glad that you made it out ok and just put it to lifes lesson.

To answer your quesiton, yes, your experience could have been very similar to others but then very different to many.

So are you going to try hash? The first time I was in Austria and someone rolled a hash cigarette. I took one puff and it put me on my ass. It is always the first time that shocks the system. The second time you know a little what to expect and can learn to enjoy it all.

frank

It is not only illigal drugs that cause tripping. After I had my minor stroke they gave me a drug to make me relax. Don't know what it was but it did cause some sort of trip. A wierd planet populated by only young men. No females at all. They laid eggs to reproduce. Another bit I remember was of a funny kind of zoo with no known creatures as its inmates. Things like a cross between a man and a fish. Or a creature with the face of a cow and the body of a dragon that flew backwards. It was not a dream as when I mentioned it afterwards the Doctor told me that those things come from your subconcious desires. Truth be told I never knew I had a desire to go somewhere that the boys had it all their own way.

hmmm i guess i just have a big fear of losing control of my own life. there is a lot to discuss here, but let's say that the last 3 years of my life have been skullcrushingly awful, despite and because of a guy in my life. i won't get into details, i did in my first post i think.

anyway, i've always had to have a lot of control over what i say, do, how i act etc. i am a very sincere and open person, and even though lying can come easily to me i utterly loathe doing it. that's why the hardship, and ultimately the break-up. now i want to change that, finally. i want to find a nice guy, someone special, and then slowly give up this kind of control of myself in my life. freedom is man's right and i intend to make full use of that, no matter how difficult it will be. i think the mushrooms accentuated the state of mind i am constantly in: danger! high voltage. ergo - the siren and panic. it was a real eye-opener as to exactly how unhappy and horrible i'm feeling because of the veil of deceit (not that i didn't know it before but still it came as a blow).

fjp999, it looks like maybe you were more at peace with what's inside your head and heart. still, even if next time might be enjoyable, i realized i'm not the kind of person who wants to lose his perception like that. i am quite happy with my own senses and thoughts, so any more drugs / enhancers are out of the question for me. it was more a question of trying something new before i make an opinion about it - i'm talking here about things that are neither addictive nor physically damaging in any way. i tried, i experienced, i analyzed it and now i know what it does. at least now i can understand all the psychedelic movies and the hippy attitude :tongue: it was an ultimately rewarding experience, even if at the time i was thinking that the other option to not controlling myself was jumping in the nearby river. seriously. :confused: i AM proud of my self-control though.

Enigma, those visions/trips are indeed strange. i can imagine them vividly, did they freak you out or did you enjoy them? (well the one with the guys i can imagine it wasn't exactly hell Wink)

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:Enigma, those visions/trips are indeed strange. i can imagine them vividly, did they freak you out or did you enjoy them? (well the one with the guys i can imagine it wasn't exactly hell Wink)

Well to be honest I was thoroughly confused! Since I joined this forum however I have been having dreams of Andy the webmaster here. I don't know why but if his avatar is indeed him I am convinced I have seen pictures of him somewhere else on the net and it is doing my brain in trying to guess where.