Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering what your opinion on this is...
Hey guys Smile

Hope everyone is going great and that summer is treating you well! Smile So, I have a situation going on here and I'm wondering what you guys would think of it.

About a week ago, I broke up with my boyfriend after a pretty awesome relationship! I had moved with him and realized I didnt feel love and passion towards him anymore, and we're still on good terms Smile Smile

NOW, being my single self, I have been going online a bit and chatting with a few people and, to my biggest surprise, i found someone I really REALLY like! (Quick, I know. I don't generally fall for people quick, it is weird!) The only problem is here, that I live in Canada and he lives.... IN THE STATES Sad wah. lol we're both 21 and we share a lot of things in common. Plus, he looks AMAZING. I know for a fact he feels the same about me too, so I was just looking for general opinions. If, with time, we kept talking and grew to really like each other, would you guys think it crazy that we'd arrange to meet? I'm talking about like, a YEAR down the road lol

Thanks for any piece of advice or opinion Big Grin

Meeting up isnt a crazy thing to be honest... It might be tricky at first the question i would ask is... Do you feel you could trust someone in a LDR so that there is no problems arising? If it feels right give it a go mister and who knows what could happenj Smile

I live in the states (I promise it's not me though xD) GO FOR IT! It sounds like it would be a great experience for both of you Big Grin

generally a LDR is a wast of time tho possibly your the only gay boy in Yarmouth - Canada.

I grew up in the US a border city next to Canada and it was no big to cross over and back. So if you two are not that far apart mileage wise all the better.

maybe there is a future; same sex marriage is legal in Canada, is a dual citizenship possible for either one or both of you guys? google is your friend but i am thinking even in this post cataclysmic time immigration laws are still lax for Canada and the US.

Thanks for your opinions guys, I greatly appreciate it Smile Its going great up till now!!

I think some online relationships can be really sweet. My friend in Newfoundland is meeting up with his long distance boyfriend in Texas this summer and they seem to be doing fine. Good luck Confusedmile:

here is something if you plan on going with it
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Long-Dista...nship-Work

BUT
i wound consider the following because your living in across the border
http://health.howstuffworks.com/relation...t-work.htm

Maxx Wrote:...I live in Canada and he lives.... IN THE STATES...

Headscratch I live in Maldives, and I had a bf from Nebraska.

It wasn't difficult to speak to him every day, but what happens is that it's very difficult to connect emotionally. We ended up breaking up... it really didn't leave a big ripple in my psychology because I was already hooking up with other people.

You might wanna think about that.

I say go for it, but take it slow and value yourself as much as you do him

thanks a bunch again!! I'm actually kinda excited to see how it will all unfold!

- BabyPolarBear, I really enjoyed those links actually! Thank you Smile