Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does it end?
I've been out to the world for quite a while and have no problems with it. What sucks about it though is that it never ends! I'm always having to tell people, even ones whom I see everyday, but without the excitement and relief that once accompanied the phrase "I'm gay". Perhaps I just need to start acting more fem and obvious - but good grief Charlie Brown, will the day ever come where people can be comfortable enough with sexuality in general that they won't care who you like to fu...(is this a family website?) screw (not that homosexuality is all about sex anyway). Or, is it necessary for us to ever announce our love for cock (or whatever) first thing when we enter the room, just to get it out of the way?

A

Never ends im afraid, there will always be bigoted jerks in this world who want you to tell them just one more time ! :frown:

Hello matey,

I think that there will never be a time when you wont have to say something. I always find that when I meet someone new no matter where we are (with the exception of a gay bar!) they always ask the question "Do you have a girlfriend?". I dont even think about it any more and just answer "A boyfriend and his name is Darren".

Britain I think is quite open about the whole thing now and no one really cares, certainly not down here on the South Coast anyway. But to answer your question I dont think it will ever stop. But I like to remind people that there is more to me than just who I sleep with but at the same time I dont mind making people think twice about assuming that Im straight.

Also in preparation for this post I tried walking into my local library and shouting "I love cock!". Im now banned!!!!

Ed x

deepblueed Wrote:Hello matey,

I think that there will never be a time when you wont have to say something. I always find that when I meet someone new no matter where we are (with the exception of a gay bar!) they always ask the question "Do you have a girlfriend?". I dont even think about it any more and just answer "A boyfriend and his name is Darren".

Britain I think is quite open about the whole thing now and no one really cares, certainly not down here on the South Coast anyway. But to answer your question I dont think it will ever stop. But I like to remind people that there is more to me than just who I sleep with but at the same time I dont mind making people think twice about assuming that Im straight.

Also in preparation for this post I tried walking into my local library and shouting "I love cock!". Im now banned!!!!

Ed x

Aww Ed got banned..Ed got banned... Laugh

ashleo78 Wrote:Aww Ed got banned..Ed got banned... Laugh

I did but the rancid lady behind the counter is in no doubt that she hasn't got a chance with me!!!!!!!!Xyxthumbs

Well ED, maybe she is a lesbian. Thats prolly why she banned you... Now if you had of walked in and shouted you love pussy and you eat it every night for dinner then she prolly would have made you an honorary member.

On to the subject at hand, I don't believe there will ever be a moment in time when we wont get some kind of problem from someone else. There are still a lot of places here in the states that have a lot of Gay Bashings. Even here in Texas a lot of the cowboys would beat us to death if they ran into us in a dark ally. Europe is a lot more accepting about homosexuality than the United States. Japan just doesn't care anymore. Being gay in Japan is like being straight every where else.

Anyways, there will always be people who are raised the old fashion way and are taught that people like that are the scum of the earth. There will always be some kind of person that will talk about us behind our backs, make lude remarks and yell 'Faggot' out their car window at us. Just remember one of the main supporters for people hating homosexuals... The Bible (no offense to anyone. Just my opinion.).

inthemaking Wrote:I've been out to the world for quite a while and have no problems with it. What sucks about it though is that it never ends! I'm always having to tell people, even ones whom I see everyday, but without the excitement and relief that once accompanied the phrase "I'm gay". Perhaps I just need to start acting more fem and obvious - but good grief Charlie Brown, will the day ever come where people can be comfortable enough with sexuality in general that they won't care who you like to fu...(is this a family website?) screw (not that homosexuality is all about sex anyway). Or, is it necessary for us to ever announce our love for cock (or whatever) first thing when we enter the room, just to get it out of the way?

A

See all the celebs they got dragged out of the closet just to make a story. There is always a statement to be made! I personally thank god not a celeb and refuse to play that game. Yet i don't hide my sexuality; if i think that someone genuinely wants to know me then i tell them. And yes you just got to let everyone know what you do in the bedroom to get it out of the way.
Possitive side of all this is that some decades back gays used to be publicly burned like the witches or something equivalent. lol Today at most places is much more accepting but people never stop wanting to stick their noses to someone else's business and especially the bedroom . Xyxwave

I don't think it does ever end.

I'm asked quite often whether I have a girlfried yet by those that I havent come out to. I just say no, I'm single (which is all true!!). If they asked me outright am i gay, I'd say yes... but I guess I'm "straight acting" / masculine enough to not raise suspicions as no-ones asked me outright yet.

When I do get asked about my love life... and avoiding the whole 'actually, I'm gay' thing, my heart-rate rises and I get this awkward feeling. Having only started the process of coming out this year to close friends and family... I'm still on the paranoid side of telling people in general conversation.

And also happens with chicks that glance lewdly and afterwards want action, herd of b*tches, that's one of the reasons I hate going dancing. :mad:

Whilst I don't think there is ever an end to the situation you've described, and I do agree that it is regrettable that this is the case, I do think it can get easier as time goes on ...

People talk - people that know you're gay tell other people, your sexuality comes up in conversation and so on, and all this does have the effect of reducing the number of instances of people asking you to confirm it (unless you're always on the move and meeting new people of course), and yes - there are always going to be people that have a problem with gay people, but then there are always people that have a problem with anything these days ...

I just look at people when they ask me as it's slightly confusing why people should think it's any of their business ... but yeah - I get asked too ... not so often it gets on my nerves though, so I do sympathise Smile