Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
songs about america
well, with 4th of July just a day away, i thought i would like to see what your favorite song about america is( unless you don't have one or don't live in america, in that case just pick another national song).
here's minehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M:biggrin:

Yeah, that's pretty funny (and the link in the OP):

America:
for all we would wish it would be, sometimes this is overwhelming, its not bad to call it home:
America / Homecoming / California Revisited

Before I share my favorite song about America I wanted to share about a July 4 memory that sticks with me was I was on the beach and country was being played and a very popular song at the time was Beer For My Horses which I heard like 3 times when the DJ then apologized deeply but said this song was being requested over and over so she was gonna play it.

And I thought, really? They'll play Beer For My Horses about stringing people up for stealing a car and getting tanked after but not this song that features the 4rth of July? That was totally mind boggling stupid in my book. I mean what, if one of the men in Beer For My Horses went home drunk on his whiskey and beat his wife to a bloody pulp he couldn't face lethal vigilante justice like that car thief? That's messed up. Seriously.

Anyway, here's that 4rth of July vid (the song the DJ apologized repeatedly for playing after having no problem for Beer For My Horses) if you wanna see it (like a lot of country it's on the depressing side, however, be warned):

Ok, here's my favorite, at least the first patriotic song that came to mind:

what about that kids of america song lol

zeon Wrote:what about that kids of america song lol

Ironically sung by the British Singer; Kim Wilde in 1981? Biglaugh

Kim Wilde - Kids in America

My favorite...definitely PRINCE singing America....I put this on alot of my workout tapes....

what about country roads by hermes house band... original is boring add some beat this is now a party one i blair out my car really loud.. windows down etc lol