Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doesnt really have to do with sexuality or anything but...
i need some support and like someone to talk to...
Im so upset because my dog tested positive for parvo when i took him to the vet today /: he's been sick since yesterday so i called a vet and told her his symptoms and she said it could be parvo.. so i took him to confirm it...and he had it.. and im so worried he's gonna die.
i love my dog so much... dogs don't judge people based on sexual orientation/gender identity and stuff like that so i love them so much.
it's hard to think i might lose him. i dont have many friends so he's like my best friend..

I'm sorry to hear about your dog.
Bighug
Are there any treatment options?

they gave him some shots and they told me to try and get him to drink water and stuff so he wont die of dehydration and to bring him back tomorrow... he has a 75% chance to live so i guess thats pretty good but im still worried...and im thankful that my grandmother is paying for his treatment/vet bills since i cant afford it.. if he gets worse theyre gonna hook him up to an IV and stuff.. i just hope he pulls through..

I would be worried and upset too.
Have you been able to get him to drink some water?

yea a little bit. i had to go to the store today to get some pedialyte to help rehydrate him... /: poor doggy is usually so playful. hes always jumping and running around playing with toys. its so sad to see him not even wanna move from the chair. towards the eveining he got some of his energy back but he still isnt the same as usuall...

Sounds like he is responding a little.
Never would have thought to use pedialyte. Good idea.
Maybe sleep is the best thing to let the meds work.
Hopefully he can beat this. Did the vet say if you caught it early?

Parvo is a horrific disease, and is especially dangerous in young pups as they can dehydrate so quickly. Older dogs tend to be a little more resiliant especially with a lot of love and keeping them hydrated, that is the most important thing.

We have it in Australia but it isn't very common. The key to preventing Parvo is an annual C5 vaccination that cover the 5 main killers of dogs, including Kennel Cough.

I know it is tough to watch, I have nursed a couple dogs back to good health from Parvo when I used to work in the industry, but it is tough, draining and a long process.

Stay positive, lots opf puppy cuddles and rehydrate Wink

Keep us posted.

I myself am a dog lover. Have been all my life. I know exactly what you are going through.

My sig says all you need to know.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Bighug

took spot the vet today and they thought he looked the same and that he had a good chance. but just a little bit ago he's showing more symptoms so im afraid he's getting worse.. /: