Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone get headaches watching 3D?
Just curious.

Earlier today I saw Spiderman in 3D. Toward the end, especially as Spiderman goes swinging through the city (up and down and sudden drops and the like), I actually felt it affecting my brain in a way that's hard to describe, but was definitely pleasant, almost like being on a roller coaster.

I've heard that some people get headaches and even nauseated watching 3D which has never happened to me before. But this time (when it was feeling good) there was pressure in my head (especially in between my eyes) and though it wasn't painful or distressing in the least it did make me wonder if those kinds of scenes are the kind that give others headaches when watching in 3D.

For me they are, the more intense the 3D and the movement is, the more intense the headache! I've actually only seen 2 movies in 3D and I wish they didn't cause these headaches 'cause I would like to see more!

3d kinda hurts my eyes

hurts my eyes. no headaches here.

Thanks.

It looks as if sitting in the back (as I like to do) helps and it's also suggested taking Dramamine (for motion sickness) before going can help as well:

http://www.squidoo.com/3dsickness

I end up with a huge headache from them , kind of a sick nauseating feeling that goes with it.
I will give your method a try Pix , thank you.

Close one eye, when it gets bad, I suffer motion sickness, its more like being seasick for me. Close one eye for a moment when it starts and see if it dissipates. It works for me.

The reason you get headache is because in order to make a flat screen seem like a 3d image, they have to project two images offset from one another, when you take the glasses off it looks blurry. The glasses force your eyes to focus in an unnatural way, notice when you put them on it messes up your vision slightly your eyes quickly adjust, amzing organs they are, but just like holding your arm in an awkward position it gets sore your eyes do the same thing, being that there are no nerves actually inside the eye the discomfort turns into a headache. Simply closing one eye allows the eye to return to its natural placement. Either eye will do this, being that your eyes work in tandem,

You don't have to miss anything, and you can relax your eyes.

They tend to hurt my eyes and head. I'm really disdainful of most 3D things :\
One time I went to a very large screen 3D movie and I just ended up with a sore neck.

YES! It makes me feel like I need to vomit!?

i whent to see the Avengers movie at the cinema and its was way too much, made me feel slightly sick, just so much coming out of the screen that i just couldnt focus enough - the effects were not good as it was overpowering ,ive seen 3d animation and ive enjoyed them i.e Scrooge and it was great, the less that happens the better it is for me