Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the South
Hi, I'm a 19 year old gay guy from Mississippi, my name is Jesse. I love listening to music (various metal, rock, and experimental music mainly, but I like a variety), watching movies, just hanging out with friends and having a good time. I tend to be quite introverted and shy, especially at first. I've come out to a few friends individually over the last year or so and have now come out on Facebook. Anyway, I've just been trying to meet more gay people with some similar interests lately, I have very few friends in this small town let alone friends that would truly understand and accept me, so message me if you wanna get to know me more or chat.

Welcome! Wavey

Hello Jesse Welcome

G Day Jesse and welcome to Gayspeak. I hope you find some friends that you can relate to and have a great friendship and chat with Wink

Hi Jesse and welcome! I like your taste in music Wink

Spades Wrote:Hi Jesse and welcome! I like your taste in music Wink

I was thinking the same Wink

Welcome!

Since you like metal I thought you might like hearing what this guy said about being gay and straight:

And just out of curiosity, why did you choose the name Belial? :confused:

If you're curious about mine it has its origins in my early childhood when I was known as "Becky Jane" but my Granny said I was a little "pix" or "pixie" and took to calling me "Pixie Jane" or even just "Pix." Then last summer Granny had a pulmonary embolism and I stayed with her on the farm a couple of months until she could look after herself and she took to calling me "Pix" again, sometimes. So like a couple of months of getting back from Texas I found Gayspeak and needed a name and whatever I chose first had already been chosen so then I decided to see if "Pix" would work and it did. Confusedmile:

Thank you all for the kind welcoming posts.

Kind of an interesting story behind the name actually, it comes from an old Hebrew word, often used to describe something or someone greatly iniquitous and that lacks any worth or value. My father, a conservative evangelical minister here, has used the word in his church lessons, claiming that it is used in the Old Testament to refer to unrepentant sodomites and homo- or bisexual people in general. These people "contribute nothing at all to society". Obviously it's in a kind of sarcastic way that I choose to identify with the word as a name.

Hi and welcome - great reason for taking the name and using in a poitive way ,,, sure your dads preachings must be hard on your self esteam, bravo for coming out to many and on facebook,

do u plan to tell him anytime soon or just let him find out through the grapevine - or not at all ? - sorry for been nosey,