Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any teachers / educators on Gayspeak?
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any teachers on gayspeak or people who have been teachers in their life and have taught classes etc. I'm asking this as I'm going into teacher training in September and was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences? I know marshlander was a teacher/examiner but he left ages ago. Anyone with a good reply would be welcome.

Cheers,

mrk2010

Princealbert is a teacher as well.

I will be involved with teaching undergrads sometime this year, but I don't think the experience of working with adults at the university level is entirely comparable.

I probably don't count, but when people come to the Zoo, we generally have to educate them...

Also, kids come on field trips/class trips and we have to teach them about Conservation/Environmental stuff/Animals and other stuff in relation.

I've never done this myself, but kids do ask questions and I've answered a few Smile .

We also go to schools as well, and do the same thing. Though I don't do this, as I'm not part of the Education Division.

But I had a gay teacher in highschool... and what a surprise!... he was the Drama/Vocal Teacher Biglaugh . He was a classically trained Opera Singer and probably the biggest Queen eva! Dazzler1 .

The school had to let him go though, due to complaints, plus appearantly he was unhappy there as well. :frown:

@ Mrk.
Yes, as Pip said, Steve, I'm a teacher and have been teaching since er.... well, for a long long time. Will be glad to answer any questions you have concerning the job.

@Queen,
No wonder your teacher didn't like it much at the school since they obviously didn't know how to make the school welcoming to the biggest flamer eva... which, to be honest, is a loss for the school, if you ask me. But then I didn't know the man. So I hope he's found a nice position somewhere else where he can be himself and thrive professionally as well.

OrphanPip Wrote:Princealbert is a teacher as well.

I will be involved with teaching undergrads sometime this year, but I don't think the experience of working with adults at the university level is entirely comparable.

See over here Pip it is because it's higher education and I could cross over into lecturing. :-)

Thanks PA I was just wondering, does all the planning get you down or can u fly by if you are really organised? See this is the first year of my PGCE and I've heard horror stories. lol People have told me I'll fly by because I'm so organised and the subject matter I'll be covering will be extremely easier than what I'm used to.

mrk2010 Wrote:See over here Pip it is because it's higher education and I could cross over into lecturing. :-)

Thanks PA I was just wondering, does all the planning get you down or can u fly by if you are really organised? See this is the first year of my PGCE and I've heard horror stories. lol People have told me I'll fly by because I'm so organised and the subject matter I'll be covering will be extremely easier than what I'm used to.

I think if you are organised, (a plus) AND know your subject matter, you should be fine. Just remember not to be so tied down by your organisation that you can't move away from your plan when you see a good teaching and learning opportunity. That's when being good at your subject matter carries you along. But organisation is good, and if you can announce how you are going to proceed and refer to what you have achieved as you go along, that's generally good for you and for the kids.
Take care.

princealbertofb Wrote:I think if you are organised, (a plus) AND know your subject matter, you should be fine. Just remember not to be so tied down by your organisation that you can't move away from your plan when you see a good teaching and learning opportunity. That's when being good at your subject matter carries you along. But organisation is good, and if you can announce how you are going to proceed and refer to what you have achieved as you go along, that's generally good for you and for the kids.
Take care.

Thanks :-) I've been brushing up on classroom management and bought the course books so I don't think I can go wrong as long as I follow them and be consistent. hahaha

princealbertofb Wrote:@Queen,
No wonder your teacher didn't like it much at the school since they obviously didn't know how to make the school welcoming to the biggest flamer eva... which, to be honest, is a loss for the school, if you ask me. But then I didn't know the man. So I hope he's found a nice position somewhere else where he can be himself and thrive professionally as well.

Yeah.. it was usually the guys who would make fun of him and I'm assuming the parent's who complained...

He wasn't dressing in Drag or anything, but it was very noticable that he was gay.

I liked him though. He's off in America, last I heard, preforming again. Confusedmile:

QueenOdi Wrote:Yeah.. it was usually the guys who would make fun of him and I'm assuming the parent's who complained...

He wasn't dressing in Drag or anything, but it was very noticable that he was gay.

I liked him though. He's off in America, last I heard, preforming again. Confusedmile:

That's so sad, but I'm happy he's performing again! I would love to have a gay teacher. When I was still enrolled in public school, we had a very close-minded group of teachers, so a gay one would have really been a good role model for me.

I've volunteered a Boy's and Girl's club for 7 years. included in that was tutoring the kids witch most likely what your going to have to do and your going to need a LOT of patience of the kids that just don't seem to git it.