Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I went to my first "gay" club!
I found it to be amazing!
I found it way more welcoming then the places i've been to before, I was so scared to go by myself but it worked out!
Though I could only find one in my area that allowed 18 + and not simply 21+
Being 19 just sucks for most clubbing experiences, even though i'll be 20 in a few months but it would still be like another whole year to be able to go have some real fun!

The only thing I guess I didn't like is the constant "booty" call type feeling, even though I was underage drinks kept trying to be served to me etc.
Felt like someone was trying to get me drunk and then be used, but I mean other then that 1 little thing which isn't all that bad..Happens in almost any bar when people want some fun(lol)

The dancing was very fun! Even though I suck at dancing, I was still having fun with it :3
Music was fantastic!
I stayed there until like 1am.

I am for sure, going to start exploring more things like this.
I really would love to go to the pride parade, but I have to think on that one.

Has anyone else gone to something like this? Would love to hear other's experiences!

I've found that "booty call" thing to be the norm in gay clubs - main reason I don't go to them except for occasional karaoke or drag contests I want to participate in, I don't present myself as wanting a hook up and, would rather not be the target of such offers - my slut phase was short lived and ended decades ago - thank you.

Has anyone else gone to something like this? Would love to hear other's experiences!

Well...I worked in one for 20 years...five days a week...so I was there alot:biggrin:...but THAT was work...

I loved to go dancing especially on Sunday Afternoon and evening. I would strip down to my shorts and get on the stage at a few of the big dance clubs in SF and dance for hours. I had alot of fun and it is a great energy release.

I haven't been in a bar since the day I quit in `1998 and most likely never will again but I am glad I went when I was younger.

Glad you had a great time

I did the club and bar thing in my middle to late 20's. I went for the oceans of alcohol.

Yes clubs/bars are pretty high on the "booty call" aspect of things. IF you an alcoholic you can work it to your advantage, if you are not an alcoholic I imagine that its all pretty lame, boring and even annoying at times.

I had a terrible habit of flashing a smile and a wink then wait for the free drinks to show up.... I suspect many men supported my drinking habit (I would say it was a problem, but I had no problem getting the drinks and no problem getting the drinks into my belly).

I also did raves - slam a bit of speed go out on the dance floor, the next thing you know the house lights are coming on and the house music is no longer playing....

Good times.... :eek:

Congrats on popping your club cherry :biggrin: Wink I'm glad you had fun

The pride parades are a blast! If you enjoyed the club scene, you'll love the pride events. I met many of my good friends at pride events and they're just such an experience. :biggrin:

I'm glad that you had fun. I really enjoy the gay club that I attend. Not because of the drinks, but because of the eye candy and the music. It also feels good to be surrounded by people that have the same interest. The down side, I typically go by myself because I don't have any bi/gay/ lesbian friends that would go with me. I'm sort of still closeted about my sexuality. I'm hoping to get more involved so that I could meet people to go with. It's very hard to talk to people at clubs when they are in their cliques and groups.
Enjoy!

Double007 Wrote:I'm glad that you had fun. I really enjoy the gay club that I attend. Not because of the drinks, but because of the eye candy and the music. It also feels good to be surrounded by people that have the same interest. The down side, I typically go by myself because I don't have any bi/gay/ lesbian friends that would go with me. I'm sort of still closeted about my sexuality. I'm hoping to get more involved so that I could meet people to go with. It's very hard to talk to people at clubs when they are in their cliques and groups.
Enjoy!

That was my problem to...I don't have many friends I could take that live near me, or that are gay..Or that like me still after coming out! Lol.
I had to kick myself in the ass to go, glad I did though.

I want to meet people near me...I can't really say I care for age, since I go to a somewhat... "support group" and there is a 50 year old there that gives some good advice!
But, yea..They all have a partner though, so I feel left out in the mix..Since I am the only single gay man there D:

I am so glad you had fun and kept your wits about you.

I did the club thing in my mid-twenties, but the novelty soon wore off.

I find gay clubs can vary, but a lot of them can have a 'meat market' feel about them which is not my thing, although when you find one you like they can be really good. i have a gay bar right next to my house so prefer just going there!