Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found in my backyard
I just thought you all might want to see this fella. I let him go after I got his picture.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=3595]

I wonder what this person would think of your find?

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/20...fraid.html

He's awesome. Thanks for letting him live Blue. I'm scared totally dungless of him, but he's awesome anyway.Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

looks like a tarantula, were exactly do you live?

It is a tarantula, and Arkansas Chocolate Tarantula to be exact. I do live in Arkansas and, they are the only true tarantula species that is native to my state.

Had he been a non native species, I'd have kept him for a pet but he belongs here, so he's out in my yard someplace. Smile

Blue Wrote:It is a tarantula, and Arkansas Chocolate Tarantula to be exact. I do live in Arkansas and, they are the only true tarantula species that is native to my state.

Had he been a non native species, I'd have kept him for a pet but he belongs here, so he's out in my yard someplace. Smile

OMG...*literally cringing*...he's out in the yard someplace, WAITING. Wink2
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Only the second one I've seen here in ten years, so they aren't very common around here and, I'm glad to see there's at least one on my place. I keep a part of my property as wild as possible so, those sorts of critters belong here. Smile

Blue Wrote:Only the second one I've seen here in ten years, so they aren't very common around here and, I'm glad to see there's at least one on my place. I keep a part of my property as wild as possible so, those sorts of critters belong here. Smile

Oh yes, I can see you grinning slyly as I type WILD MAN! *bug eyed* O. M. G. It's only a couple sets of spider fangs in a little ole decade....that's all. LOL Hmmmm I heard you should not drop them as they are quite easily ruptured, so I hope he's in the wild part that gets little yard work! And just think of the motley crew you just turned loose on your yard! No wonder the poor feller climbed up in a wheel well! (looked like a wheel well).

I'm glad I live in Britain then !
I cannot stand spiders, And I thought that I had seen some big spiders in my time but that is huge.
I just hope you didn't give it a passport and sent it on it's way towards Britain?
Given me goosebumps, Yukey doo

That is so cool! I wish I could find those little guys walking about all nonchalantly where I live.

Do you find them often in your yard Blue?