Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Friends (Venting)
So my friend Grace totally blew me off Saturday, and I didn't find out until yesterday from my boy Adam. He doesn't gossip or anything so him telling me this has nothing to do with that potential. He just happens to be more real, and we've gotten really close the past few months.

So, last year we all went to Fantasy Fest. It's this huge Halloween celebration that happens down in Key West. I had a blast as it was my first time, and also cause I got to dress in slutty drag (I went as a prostitute).

We've been speaking about going this year, and she knew I wanted to go really bad, especially given the fucked up year I've had! Me and her have been planning it this entire year. Long story short, she was talking shit to my friend Adam how it would take me too long to get ready (Really bitch? It's a six hour drive one way!) as well as some other fucked up shit behind my back.

He felt bad, but figured since I've known her way longer than him that she probably knew me better. He wanted to come pick me up, and thought something was awry. He told her that he wanted to call me just to make sure, but she rebutted about how I didn't want to go this year and he didn't want to get into my business as to why.

After they came back, she even told him how she's not going to post the pictures on Facebook (because if I found out she went without me, obviously, I'd be pissed) and he began to figure something wasn't kosher about the whole ordeal (Thus, he contacted me to see what's going on).

I've helped this bitch out through thick and thin, let her stay with me when she's been homeless numerous times, and helped her out during her chemo. I don't know why it had taken me so long to notice that she'd just been using me this entire time. Why it took me so long to connect the dots... Again I'd brushed off the red flags when I was first getting to know her because I figured she was cool people, and that I was just being paranoid.

I HATE FAKE PEOPLE! This is why I don't have many friends because of shit like this. Everybody's fake! What the fuck?! Everyone's out for themselves and could give less of a fuck about the people around them.

I'm going to just cut her off because I know if I brought up Fantasy Fest that she would make some fake shit up about how she didn't go, and I don't have the energy to waste on calling her out on her fuckery. If I did confront her, she'd probably place blame on Adam and turn the tables on him. She's a two faced bitch, especially given the shit she's said behind my back.

:mad: I'm done.... Twak

Welcome to the real world huh? Do your best by someone and get burned. I empathized. It's happened to me too many times too.

I wouldn't worry about this person too much. I think most people have had that one person they helped out who turned out to be nasty, I know I've experienced something similar.

Blue Wrote:Welcome to the real world huh? Do your best by someone and get burned. I empathized. It's happened to me too many times too.

I wish their was a club for real people in the real world... sign me up!

Corsac Wrote:I wouldn't worry about this person too much. I think most people have had that one person they helped out who turned out to be nasty, I know I've experienced something similar.

Sad thing is this isn't person number one... Headscratch

I'm so gullible lol

Makes you recount everything you've been through with them and question their authenticity in all those believable situations....

It's not how people treat you that make you look bad, it's how you treat others and how you handle situations.

Some people are far to empathetic for their own good, you seem to be one of them, and that is not a bad thing, what IS bad is the way people like you are taken advantage of.

With life comes experience, sometimes the lessons are hard, but it is still a lesson learned Wink

why can;t you go alone there? o.O
i always go alone to partys and if friends are coming and stuff we jsut meet up there ... and FFS it is a party , you meet people there! Big Grin

This is common...really really common....

You have no control over what other people do though so the trick is this....

Do not let them get to you by becoming bitter......if you do you will have given them way too much power...

When I used to bartend I would get f*cked over quite often and after awhile letting myself go through the same hurt and feelings of betrayal...i turned the tables and everytime it happened to me I would extend myself to two new people that I had never met and make friends with them.

Thing is...there are plenty of people who aren't like that at all.

The other thing I learned...I realized that sometimes I talked behind people's backs as well though I mostly convinced myself I was "above all that" so I was really embarrassed to see how self righteous I was when it happened to me (luckily I pointed that out to myself before someone else was forced to)...classic case of disassociation. My bad...but then again my "good" because eventually I realized that in the big picture it means nothing and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In the end...when someone talks behind your back...it is ALWAYS about them...not you.

dfiant Wrote:It's not how people treat you that make you look bad, it's how you treat others and how you handle situations.

Some people are far to empathetic for their own good, you seem to be one of them, and that is not a bad thing, what IS bad is the way people like you are taken advantage of.

With life comes experience, sometimes the lessons are hard, but it is still a lesson learned Wink

Lesson learned indeed... It's too bad because I'm becoming a little cold from all those gusty winds of fake.

mihai Wrote:why can;t you go alone there? o.O
i always go alone to partys and if friends are coming and stuff we jsut meet up there ... and FFS it is a party , you meet people there! Big Grin

Mainly because , at the moment, gas is too expensive to cover all by myself, and it's a 12 hour drive in it's entirety.

Plus, I'm shy :biggrin: and like to have people around that I know in crazy environments like that.

On top of that, knowing me, in the sea of people that pack that little island for fantasy fest, I'd probably get lost! (we lost my friend Greg last year for almost two hours, and that was just for looking away for a second)

Oh ya, and for safety reasons because I almost got my ass beat by this shirtless homophobe who I tried to get a picture taking with (Close call).

He was like, "Do I look like a faggot to you?!" and I replied, "Well, you are in Key West sweetie, have a look around, the chances are pretty high." My friend Greg pulled me away before he had a chance to knock me out.