Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a guy from Growlr?
So last night I downloaded the Growlr app for my iPhone, just for S&G's! And I have to admit there are some really cute guys on there! Some that REALLY caught my eye!! But I'm a little leery of actually talking to anyone on there. Much less meeting up with someone. So I was wondering what you guys thought of Growlr and meeting someone on there.

Hello, Archubbycub, I believe you mean "wary" rather than "leery" (not quite the same thing, haha) but other than that, I wouldn't have a clue about whether Growlr is good or not since I don't use those applications.

What I can say, though, is that if you have invested in that application, so have many others who are just like you. You'll have to trust your judgement and see if you can find someone who is like-minded on there, if that's what it's for, and why you got it in the first place. The usual cautionary measures are applicable, as with any dating site.

Can you tell us why you are wary of using the application? Maybe you're not quite ready yet, to start dating???

Take care.

I'm assuming it's a hook up app like Grindr. I don't use such sites or apps but, I'm not looking for a hook up, I want a friend first, and then if it becomes more, that's fine, I know at least something of who he is before I sleep with him, and I know the potential for a lasting relationship is there.

There is never a 100% guarantee that it will work, but I think the odds are better if you get to know people as friends and, something just feels right and happens to come of one of those friendships.

Never used any of the hookup apps, its not really my thing to be honest and some of the people on them are brutally vain.

Corsac Wrote:Never used any of the hookup apps, its not really my thing to be honest and some of the people on them are brutally vain.
I have a question for you, Corsac, then, given what you wrote. How do you know that people on them are brutally vain if you've never used the apps? Doesn't sound very logical to me... Just an opinion? Where does it come from? Handed down from someone else's first-hand experience?
This is an honest question, not a put-down, ok? Confusedmile:

Archubbycub will just have to sort through the brutally vain ones (unless he's interested in that aspect).

princealbertofb Wrote:I have a question for you, Corsac, then, given what you wrote. How do you know that people on them are brutally vain if you've never used the apps? Doesn't sound very logical to me... Just an opinion? Where does it come from? Handed down from someone else's first-hand experience?
This is an honest question, not a put-down, ok? Confusedmile:

Archubbycub will just have to sort through the brutally vain ones (unless he's interested in that aspect).

Someone I used to work with was always trying to get me to find a boyfriend by having it installed on her phone and making a profile for me which only she used. She would always be on it when around me so I got to see what the profiles were like on there (Grindr in this case). Many faceless pics with comments like "If you're not hot then don't bother" etc.

Also I can understand why you asked. Confusedmile:

So I see that Growlr and Grindr come "highly recommended", Corsac, lol...

princealbertofb Wrote:So I see that Growlr and Grindr come "highly recommended", Corsac, lol...
Haha.... Maybe if I looked better.

I have had nothing but success with grindr. There is a wide variety of personalities on those apps, so of course you need to be discerning. And, of course, it depends what you are looking for. I was looking for anonymous hookups. I found that and more! There are a couple guys I met on grindr, never met in person, but correspond with regularly. I am now dating a guy who I reconnected with through grindr (see my recent post "Learning new tricks at 48").

So to answer your question... Yes, I would date a guy from growlr. Just be as clear as possible in your chat about what you are looking for before you agree to meet. Good luck!

archubbycub Wrote:So last night I downloaded the Growlr app for my iPhone, just for S&G's! And I have to admit there are some really cute guys on there! Some that REALLY caught my eye!! But I'm a little leery of actually talking to anyone on there. Much less meeting up with someone. So I was wondering what you guys thought of Growlr and meeting someone on there.

Leave it at that... for S&G's. Especially, if you already have some reservations about it.

I'm not one to judge, but unless you're looking for a measly "hookup" and a trip to the free clinic, don't prowl around on hookup apps or websites.

(I could rant my head of about how revolting the concept is, but again, I'm not one to judge those who proclaim their right to anonymous ramped sex with strangers.... kudos to them..)