Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LDS Church
Okay, so after doing much research (not just online, I attended a church service) on the LDS Church, I have concluded that this has to be a cult. The bishop was singling out a liberal, closeted bisexual girl with a piercing and teasing her about it in front of everyone in the Gospel teaching class for youth. He seriously told us "we're right and every other church is wrong." "You're treading on dangerous ground when you go to a different church." "It's different when men sleep around than when women do it." "Polygamy was okay briefly in the 1800s." "If God told me to, I'd have many wives." "We are the only true church." "Native Americans and Blacks were cursed." I told him "Well didn't Jesus tell the people who hadn't sinned to throw the first stone?" He replied "Yes, but he also called homosexuality an abomination." According to the liberal girl in the class (I think she's only there, because of her grandma), he has judged people who confessed their sexual sins to him before. I felt attacked and that this was a cult. I needed to know if it was for sure, so I had to do close-up investigating. Wow... Oh and according to him, the New Testament was translated from Hebrew, not Greek. Does anyone else think the LDS Church is a cult?

just stay far far away for anything Mormon

pellaz Wrote:just stay far far away for anything Mormon
and if you can, please try to save that girl

I want to, but I can't. Her family is very Mormon, I guess. I just really know now, that people were being serious when they said it was a cult.

Ah, it's as ridiculous as any other religion. However, the Book of Mormon is a far inferior text to the Bible in terms of literary quality, it's really quite poorly written.

I won't get into it all here, but suffice to say I have been to the temple and, you are right, it is a cult. I bailed on it and said partner as soon as I figured it out 100% for sure. Trust me you do not want to go to the temple unless you want to have to repair a serious mind fuck.

I have done my fair share of research on them as well , I am pretty sure they all comes from the same cult, the seven day , Jehovah witnesses as well as them of course.

What surprised me the most was finding out that their leader Charles Taze Russell was in fact a Mason.
They all think that they are the one true church and all others are not.
I call see them absolutely as a cult , same body different head.

I grew up in a town directly north of Palmyra NY which is where Mormonism was founded by Joseph Smith. Each summer they hold a gathering called Hill Cumorah Pageant. I never got involved with the Mormon church but growing up so close I always got a cultish vibe off them. They think magic underwear will protect you. I grew up in the boondocks of NY and highly doubt any higher power would choose upstate NY to start a religion.

I would say anything that encourages you think in only one way and condemns you from thinking differently is a cult. It's good to explore, but I wouldn't expect much support and acceptable reasoning from religious leaders.

I called Apostolic Lutherans a cult and got smacked by a subscriber. Point for me.