Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiment in my Tropical Fish Tank.
I'm trying a little experiment in my Tropical tank. I have bought a Betta (Siamese Fighting Fish) and put him in my 220Lt Tropical tank. I intially thought the Congos or Sharks would have a problem with him,BUT for the first hour the problem was with my (not so) Angel Fish because they were like 'Oh you're prettier than us' and got all jealous and chased him around the tank.

Then he hid for a few hours in the plants, resting under a nice leaf and everything seemed to have settled down. Now the Betta has found HIS 'spot' as the front of the tank just in front on the planted log, which happened to be the sharks favourite spot....until now. Mr Betta has grown a pair and chases off anyone that comes near 'his spot'.

I shall call him Sheldon.

sheldon? lol love it!

gotta question for you... how often do you have to change the tanks water? and it must've taken along time to get everything you have in that tank (logs, grass, etc.).

That tropical setup has taken me about 2 months to get it to where it is now. Everyone is astonished with it. My aquariast who has been involved with aquariums for 51 years has never seen anything like it.

All of my tanks get a 10-20% water change every week, however my marine aquarium is suffering from 'tired' water at the moment and is getting a yellow tint in the water, which is not unusual for salt water, so I will have to be more aggressive next week and do a 60% water change.

PS if you go to my You Tube channel I have more videos there. There is even a video of my Tropical tank the day that I set it up Wink

whats your youtube channel buddy?

That is a good looking tank. I have a few smaller tanks and am working on a salt water 150 gallon but it is no where near show worthy yet.

Sheldon's a hot little bloke! And that's a busy tank! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Sweet tankFish2

ivorybenz Wrote:whats your youtube channel buddy?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dfiant1?feature=watch

Or if you just click on 'You Tube Video' on the video window you shoule be able to get there quicker Wink

dfiant Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/dfiant1?feature=watch

Or if you just click on 'You Tube Video' on the video window you shoule be able to get there quicker Wink

haha wow I feel so stupid now cus I never thought about just clicking on your video lol

Blue Wrote:That is a good looking tank. I have a few smaller tanks and am working on a salt water 150 gallon but it is no where near show worthy yet.

My Marine Reef tank isn't show worthy yet either, it's a mere 120lt (30gal) tank but I have plans for a 1200-1400Lt (300-350 gal) Reef tank.