Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Is there another earth in the universe?"

yes but not this galaxy.

It is inconceivable given the vastness of what is out there way yonder ***points to sky*** to not believe there are other planets capable of maintaining life as earth maintains life.

I have no doubt there is , with our universe still expanding , new stars are being born as others die , no matter where we look there is always a beginning and end.

I believe if it is probable it can be possible.

Image of "Star Birth" Clouds in M16
[Image: M16WF2_s.jpg]
[URL="http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/rel_stars.html"]
N.A.S.A.[/URL]

I haven't come to terms with this Earth yet! :frown:

There has to be something else out there, maybe not this galaxy, but surely somewhere. Space can be an ongoing continium and its inconceivable to think that we are alone in the entire realm of space. I don't exactly believe in the ideas of Area 51 and citings of UFO's of sort, but somewhere, someplace, there has to be something.

Gay World.

I suspect that life is nearly as abundant as stars. However most of it will be microbial with very little of it being tool using intelligence, something like humans.

Tool using intelligence appears to be pretty rare and requires a very narrow set of circumstances to take place, the only evidence we have for it here on earth is ourselves and our deceased ancestors like Neanderthal.

Consider the billions of years of life here on earth and its not until recently that a tool using, environment manipulating species has emerged, I think that whatever conditions that are needed for that may be extremely rare.

Of course, if all of humanity vanished today, in 20 thousand years any visiting species would be hard pressed to find any evidence that we existed. Thus it may be possible (unlikely, but possible) that tool using intelligence species pop up all the time but time just wipes out every and all evidence of that.

Buy me a Spaceship, and I'll pop out for a look... Big Grin

Venus is almost another earth, but because it is closer to the sun the chemical composition of the atmosphere differs and the surface heats upto 470c. It also has a day that lasts about 255 days and an orbit that takes about 225 days, which means it's travels around the sun takes less than one Venus day.

monk Wrote:I haven't come to terms with this Earth yet! :frown:

Beerchug With you on that one.