Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omg.... Another One !!
So, it would appear that the whole bloody world is getting hitched, or is it just me ??

I've had three friends get engaged in the past month/2months !
Those who aren't getting married are either already married, in a really long term relationship or have managed to find the "love of their life" ... :eek:

I am ofcourse very happy for my friends, as a good friend should be, but to be quite honest, one cannot help wondering "why not me" ??

Its not like there's no interest whatsoever, but after the 20 millionth person who just wants to have a quick bonk and move on, you really start to look for something ..... more ....

Are men just not capable of having a proper, dedicated, monogomous relationship ? ?

Any input ?? Astrosmiley2Wink

I think it's probably down to a load of factors that you feel this way ... you're young, and people settling down into long-term relationships (assuming your mates are your kinda age) is bound to be something that you're going to find as a BIT of a culture shock - I was exactly the same ... it's that whole "everything's changing and I feel almost like I'm being left behind" kinda vibe that kicks in from time to time and, with the best will in the world, sometimes it does feel like a bit of a kick in the nuts ...

... but you'll find the right person - never lose faith in that ...

... and as for the generalisation that men don't seem to want to settle ? I can think of numerous examples to counter it ... Michael & Fred, Albert and Marshlander, myself and Martyn, and many others ... so I shouldn't worry about that either ...

I think the reason people sometimes feel that way towards men is because in any same-sex relationship, people seem to feel a bit more comfortable being 100% frank with each other about what they want ... because they know how it would feel if it were done back to them (and I REALLY hope that makes sense - I'm not saying straight people don't, but certainly where I grew up there was very much this "you can't do/say that to a girl" or "you should treat a girl this way" thing which just gets in the way of bog-standard human adaptability really), so in many situations people don't think you'll take it personally if they LITERALLY just roll up to you and go "fancy a nosh ??".

Rolleyes.

But yeah ! NEVER lose faith m'luv - you'll get there Confusedmile:.

Bighug.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

no, not exactly...
but good answer though.

Not exactly ... to what bit ? Precisely ?

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:I think it's probably down to a load of factors that you feel this way ... you're young, and people settling down into long-term relationships (assuming your mates are your kinda age) is bound to be something that you're going to find as a BIT of a culture shock - I was exactly the same ... it's that whole "everything's changing and I feel almost like I'm being left behind" kinda vibe that kicks in from time to time and, with the best will in the world, sometimes it does feel like a bit of a kick in the nuts ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

that part Confusedmile:

Ah right ok gotcha.

At least it wasn't the part I was trying to explain really carefully Lol2.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

lol !

and i dont really generalise like that, just felt like having a bit of a bitch session today.

bit rough at the office.

Oh ! the pressure !! Lmao ! Invasion

Fair enough - get it off yer chest, that's what I always say ...

Hope your day improves babe x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Luckily the day is nearing its end now ! i've only got about another hour and 45mins left.
and then half day tomorrow!!! YAY !!

have a fab day !

xxxWink

Moose :biggrin:

To be fair I dont know many gay couples which have lasted, which overall hasnt given me a very good impression of gay guys. :eek:

Also makes me laugh how most people think of gays basically as the towns bike :tongue:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]