Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to rec'ize WBC as "hate group"
This petition is not through Southern Poverty Law Center, since they already recognize WBC as a hate group:
Sign before January 13, 2013

I found out this petition might be part of the hacker assault on the WBC. Is it wrong to root for them?

I don't know. To be honest I kind of feel like all forms of resistance against the WBC will be nothing but futile. A few years ago I still thought that they actually believed sincerely in what they were doing and that they had some kind of goal in mind. Now I'm not so sure. I get the impression that publicity and strong responses is what fuels their hateful existence, which is exactly what we provide them with. They're not even trying to accomplish anything. It sounds like a childish solution (although based on the context it might be appropriate) but let's just ignore them and they'll go away?

You know what the best thing to do that no one realizes is? Ignore them. They are just attention whores. we need to stop publicizing them. ...but we won't so they'll be around forever now won't they?

Mick

WBC are their own worst enemies, and they do an excellent job at demonizing the other antigay groups who are much more dangerous and politically savvy. Some of the other antigay groups even accuse WBC of being gay liberals pretending to be antigay to delegitimize the other groups, because they revel in the filth of homophobia rather than bother with spin phrases or flying under the radar when they can and that makes many people sitting on the fence recoil from homophobia (including in support of the more socially acceptable antigay groups) as they don't want to be associated with those WBC nuts.

And come on, even the KKK protest them! No one is going to find them anything other than offensive.

I find it hard to believe that these clowns aren't officially a hate group already.

Sorry my Avast internet security will not let me view it.

The thing with this group, and other groups like it is that really it works the opposite way that they intend.

Example: Homophobe see Fred Phelps and his merry band of moros spruiking hate at military funerals and the like to protest 'god hates fags', then said homophobe thinks ' I hope I don't look like that, it's really stupid to think like that'.

Homophobe then becomes more tolerant and re-educates themself to the realities of sexuality, and then thanks to Rev Fred Phelps and his merry band of Morons, we have a new friend Smile

I have seen a lot of what they've been doing and I just have to say that that they are not right in what they do. I am so glad they don't speak for all churches, because what they do is not ok, in any part of the Bible.

Lol, I meant "is it wrong for me to root for the hacktivists", but whatever, this is a good discussion, too. But the invasion of privacy issue seems ripe for discussion...juss sayin'...

Edit: Mum, doesn't Australia have a broad content filter on their internet access? I'm not surprised you can't see it, and it is a US gov't page, etc...