Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedroom
Im redoing my room soon right, just have to get the cash Cry

Buttt the colours. I keep the skirting boards white, ceiling white, door white, radiator white, I want Oak/Maple furniture.

But I tend to have one IMPACT colour.

At the moment its red, with 3 cream walls. I want a new colour. What should it be?

Personally I can only think of purple or green. So yeh ANY IDEAS? :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Well my bedroom is a combination of peach, terracotta and white, and I love it 'coz it exudes this lovely warm feeling which makes me wanna relax ... it's COOL :biggrin:.

But if you want to go for something striking, then white is always good when paired with say ... bright green, royal purple, deep royal blue, anything that isn't a mute shade of anything really ...

You could even pair it up with a light colour ... say ... apple white or something ? Just to break up the white but keep it light.

I think white walls are cool if you've got the sun rising and shining through the window as it makes the whole room INCREDIBLY bright in the morning, which I like personally ... but hey - that's just me :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I've slept in a bedroom that was painted bright green before, and when the sun came in the room, the whole room and all it's contents glowed green as if they were radioactive lol. So bright green may not be the best...Purple sounds good!! Could be a bit dark though?

I would only do dark purple Tongue

[/COLOR]

You know my views!!! lol

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:You know my views!!! lol

Aha yeh I do Wink
[/COLOR]

Definately the purple.

I have a whole house to paint and am just starting to think of what to do. I will be back to ask for recommendations sometime in the near future.

Purple is a great color so that is decided!

Well I have red and cream at the moment, which is what you seem to have at the moment. And I love it, it's so clean and bright when the sun shines in but not too bright at night when you want to sleep if you get my drift.

I have a beech laminate flooring and pine/beech furniture and it all works really well.

As for oak... hmmm... well I think the peach idea works as we have oak flooring and an oak dining table in the dining room with peach walls and they work really well together.

I don't think blue would be good with oak... or green. You need something autumny but darkish...

I'm a very symetrical guy... I like it when each wall is the same... I hate it when there are 3 walls that are 1 colour and then 1 wall that's different... but that's just me. Confusedmile:

If your cool enough to remeber neon crayola crayons (lol) like what i am, you could always paint each wall a different colour of those. Basically neon pink, orange green and lazer lemon!!

newc_student_18 Wrote:If your cool enough to remeber neon crayola crayons (lol) like what i am, you could always paint each wall a different colour of those. Basically neon pink, orange green and lazer lemon!!

OMG! This is a room you'd be able to sleep in??? :eek: