Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes i hate Philippines
Article About the LGTB Rights in the Philippines:

Nevertheless, the progress achieved by the local LGBT sector remains limited even if President Benigno Aquino III in 2010 received the endorsement of Ang Ladlad, the first accredited political party for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Filipinos. For one, the Anti-Gay and Lesbian Discrimination Bill or House Bill 1483 remains stalled in Congress even after many years.

Last month, Aquino signed a law decriminalizing vagrancy. However, the law was criticized by women’s groups sinceit left a key provision that only women can be considered as prostitutes untouched. More tellingly, one of his spokespersons reiterated that Aquino does not share Obama’s belief on marriage equality (as if the reporter who threw this question expected another answer).

Religion now seems to be the biggest stumbling block to further advances vis-à-vis LGBT rights in the Philippines. Last December, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) objected to the passage of the Anti-Ethnic, Racial or Religious Discrimination and Profiling Act of 2011. Despite not being LGBT-specific, CBCP lawyer Ronald Reyes baselessly claimed that the bill will “open the door for same-sex marriages in the country.”

Link To read the whole article:
http://rightonthemark.wordpress.com/2012...this-2012/

A Placard used by the people against LGBT:
https://rightonthemark.files.wordpress.c...205348.jpg

Unfortunately as long as religion and state are in the same bed , the longer and more difficult the journey to equality of any rights.

Every country has it's good points and it bad. I hate the politics in Australia as well, we have some of the biggest dickheads in the political world leading or trying to become leaders, BUT i would never call myself anything but a proud Aussie

The president is fine about LGBT equality rights but the other oragnizations and the church are opposing it, they rally and so on and so forth, Democratic country here. Majority wins -.-

Very confusing where our female, athiest, unmarried and childless prime minister stands. I don't think she has had enough life experience to lead a nation of families, personally I believe she should have only ever made it as high as Tresurer.

Rally! ,, HAHA