Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shootings and violence
The actions of recent and past years can only be the back draft of the people themselves.
In other words, how they treat others, how they affect others, how they deal with other people, comes back to them...sometimes in horrific and negative ways.

The media will have you believe all of these people are mentally ill. Some are, but only a very tiny minority. Most of these people have “perfect” backgrounds, and some have been found to be at a “genius” level of intelligence. So what happened?

It all boils down to what you do, what you say, and how you act towards other people. Some people shrug it off, others go home and beat the wife and kids, others take drugs to get away from the disgusting ways they are treated, others become alcoholics, and then there are the ones who give payback to the community that made them that way.

People are SO freaking rude, hateful and vile nowadays, its just unbelievable. And when I thought I have heard the peak of how vile and contemptible someone can be to another person, I read another story that’s even worse. And what’s really, REALLY disturbing, is that all of these people who treat others like crap, do it all with a smile on their face!

Next time you cut in front of someone, cut through a line of people without asking first, don’t thank someone for opening a door for you, speed through a red light or stop sign, don’t keep your screaming kids quiet in public, don’t control you kids in public, leave your shopping cart in the middle of the isle, block shopping isles, walk down the sidewalk side to side instead of single file, stand in the middle of a hallway blocking others, call someone a "troll" at a bar or club, or get nasty and scream obscenities at someone because of a problem with something......just remember......YOU are being a catalyst for this person (or someone near you) to go "postal" or even commit suicide.

EVERY word you speak DOES affect all that hear it. EVERY action you take DOES affect those around you, even those you don’t know. EVERY action you DONT take to be a decent human has the same affects.

Some people just get sick and tired of all the nasty, hateful, rude, and disrespectful people out there, and have to exact some punishment of their own.

The police don’t care, the politicians don’t care, and the government doesn’t care, UNTIL ITS TOO LATE and then they can use these tragedies as new agendas for their own personal means.

Dont beleive me? I'll give you an example...

Columbine, Colorado.

A student brings weapons to school and uses them.

Okay, so whats been DONE to prevent this in the future? NOTHING.
This is why its still happening. There are NO safeguards of ANY kind in public schools to either prevent this or stop this BEFORE it happens! Thats why it keeps going on.

Heres another example:

Bullying in schools (and at work).

Bullying in schools has become a deadly epidemic, but NOTHING has been done to keep these monsters from being entered into the public sector, much less having any disciplinary actions made against these monsters of humanity.

People can cry, whine, bitch, and moan about it until you are red in the face, but what has that accomplished? NOTHING. Just like the President, the politicians, the police, and all other "public authority"......its all fodder for their own personal agendas. They just don’t care. The more "bad" that happens, the "better" they all look when they step in and show false caring and concern.

Every negative word you speak, every negative action you take, every mean, hateful, and rude thing you do has a negative impact on the people around you who hear you, see you, and have dealings with you. And they in turn do the same. And it just goes on and on, until one of those people have just had enough of it.
Wow…..look at the monster you created.

If you want this kind of thing to stop, then be nice to people. DONT talk trash about other people, DONT be rude to other people, DONT belittle, disrespect, and make fun of other people, DONT run red lights, DONT run stop signs, DONT cut in front of other people, DON'T stand in the hallways blocking it, DON'T walk in the “out” door and out the “in” door, etc….. WHY??? Because you may be the "snapping" point for someone around you to go out and do such things as this. But you wont know it until its too late. People have problems, and nobody cares.

Listen, care, and have a little bit of sympathy for someone else. Get out of the "ME, ME, ME" mentality that has gripped this planet and this country and driving it straight to the grave.

If you have to place blame for these “killers” doing these horrible things, then place the blame where it belongs....on the community who forced their nasty and hateful ways onto someone who could only take it for so long....on a community and government who cannot be bothered to listen, care, or be concerned about anyone else but their own greed.

The more nasty and hateful people get towards one another, the more stories like this you are going to see.

The point of this story?

Your actions come back to haunt you. Make sure they are good actions, not bad ones.

Is it really THAT hard to smile at someone and say "HI" or "Im sorry", or even "Thank you"????

Butter

i dont see how people are expected to be kinder gentler when every moment they think their house is going to get burgled. Their car high jacked and their wallets ripped off in the mall parking lots. everyone that dosnt look like you is a terrorist and the dust bunnies under your bed are multiplying and need to kill you.

this speaks for all gun enthusiasts.

why carry a gun for the 2% chance your going to need it.

And, to play devils advocate. Why NOT carry a gun for that one in a million chance IF you can legally do so? Would you ever forgive yourself if you could legally carry a gun, didn't have one when your partner got shot an killed, and, you could have prevented it if you had only had your sidearm on you?

I know I could never forgive myself for failing to save his, or for that matter anyone's life simply because I did not use the training and rights I have.

I pray I never have to aim that sidearm at another human being but, I'd much rather be prepared to do so that to stand by helplessly and watch the man I love die a senseless death that I could have prevented.

why step out of bed for that one in ten chance you have a bad day
along those lines
we can ignor something one in a million

One in ten I might break my leg today or some catastrophe I couldn't possibly prevent will happen is a damned sight different than one in 1000,000,000 my partner or I, or my friend might get killed by an armed assailant today or assaulted by some rapist, thug or whatever but, I just might be able to prevent that.

Simple choice really, carried by 6 or judged by 9 - dead or alive. I choose alive.

pellaz Wrote:i dont see how people are expected to be kinder gentler when every moment they think their house is going to get burgled. Their car high jacked and their wallets ripped off in the mall parking lots. everyone that dosnt look like you is a terrorist and the dust bunnies under your bed are multiplying and need to kill you.

this speaks for all gun enthusiasts.

why carry a gun for the 2% chance your going to need it.

This is a straw man. Most people who have a gun with self-defense in mind don't constantly worry over it anymore than people with a fire extinguisher obsess that their home is about to burn down.

And speaks for "all" gun enthusiasts? Ok, if that's true, then ALL people passionate about gun control believe that all people are peaceful and friendly, the police can and will show up in time, that a 90 pound woman with arthritis can easily fend off a 200-pound felon and if she's raped or murdered then it was probably karma.

Wait! I've got a better one. ALL people passionate about gun control think everyone with a gun has rabies and is just itching to shoot you for stealing their parking space and that communities like Kennewa, Georgia are just going to wipe themselves out with gun accidents & incidents (you know, like gayborhoods will wipe themselves out with AIDS).

So do my straw man arguments impress you? If not, why do you think yours are going to impress anyone, especially those not already in the choir?

ETA: I just remembered, there ARE a few people who make claims like the straw man I gave. They're so rare that I forgot about them. So with that in mind I'll add the caveat that if my straw man arguments about anyone who wants to regulate guns more DO seem like reasonable arguments against guns then luckily (or hopefully anyway) you're as rare as the jittery with a shaking hand near a gun at all times. They're the worst, not the typical.

prohibiting guns will just take away the guns from the majority of people that are law abiding.

jus the news sensationalizing the shootings

As for the OP, I agree with a lot of the sentiments, but enough of those who went ballistic were mentally ill and being treated, including one of the boys who shot up Columbine (and egged his friend on to help him). But if you want to include everyday encounters, like someone who stabs someone over an argument on how to load a dishwasher (seriously, I read of this happening, and heard even dumber reasons to kill someone) then I wouldn't know enough to speak on that, what drugs (legal and/or prescribed and otherwise) were involved, if any, if the reason someone old finally snaps when having no past of violence is because they've come to feel irrelevant and/or treated rudely by the younger wanting him out of the way or because their body can no longer balance its blood sugar anymore (which normally just spaces people out, but can drive some into an extreme rage) isn't something I know. It can even be surprising, like one mentally ill guy who tried eating someone was first blamed on bath salts but it turned out that wasn't the case at all, he had kept his violent urges down with pot but then joined a cult that made him stop the pot and apparently that was what set him off (after awhile).

But it is sad to me that people can demand immediate action over a school shooting but ignore the THOUSANDS of suicides each year in American schools, many of which have bullying as a major (and sometimes primary) factor. But then saving lives isn't the primary goal, is it?

Oops, I forgot to mention, America worships violence. That has to change. There's a reason that the Swiss don't have our problems (whereas some countries with a lot of gun control are as bad or worse), and I believe the number one reason (though other reasons also exist) is because our culture treats violence a lot different. Here in America we love it, cheer it, and I suspect some even orgasm over it. I mean to include violence by the state, too.

Not too long ago I walked into a place serving "New York pizza" and it was filled with pix of athletes and mobsters of NY. Think about it, they were BRAGGING of their pimps, dealers, and murderers. No pix of scientists or people who made the world a better place were up. Frankly, I was just glad they didn't glorify NY serial killers.

And that's just one of countless examples I've seen over the years.

To pix: also shows like cops, and americas most wanted. Then dramas like the shield and othrr cop shows. Then countless other violence glorifying things. Its natural... to an extent. America has turned it into a machine.