Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brains Vs Good Looks
Inspired from what Pocket_pilgrim said in another thread 'smart is hot' i want to start this thread.
In an ideal world we would want both but now here is a typical question raised. Looks Or intelligence? If you had to choose. Have you felt attraction for someone very inteligent stimulating in a conversation but normally you wouldnt go for?

What is most important for you, someone who looks great but not a strong thinker or someone smart but not good looking or somewhere in the between.

To be honest, with me looks are not the most important thing (I certainly don't do pretty men).
I would therefore always go for brains.
I think power is also a huge turn on too !!!
So if a guy was over 40, masculine, brainy & powerful that would equal my ideal man...................If he wore a suit he would get extra brownie point too !!!!

Brains all the way!Pretty boys are nice to look at but that's just about it.Someone who is an intellectual stimulu is such a breath of fresh air,especially in my age bracket.If he can quote Keats or Percey Shelly at the drop of a hat,don't care even if he's the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I won't lie, everyone in this world is attracted to guys with good looks. You're always making those observations, "Cor! He's well hot!" etc. etc. This is a very fast process as obviously you don't know the person, so you can't start fancying people you see walk past based on intelligence or personality.

The internet however has made things that much easier for the gay world to do exactly that. Provided you can trust the person you are talking to, you find out so much more about a person through the likes of MSN, skype, yahoo, forums etc. etc. This enables you to in effect, become very much attracted to someone's personality.

That said, I do think that looks do come into it a little. I think that with most people it depends on if they have truely fallen for the personality. If they're in love with the personality, they won't care much for who is sporting it. But if they *like* the personality, and the person looks like they could do with a brown paper bag or something, then they might be easilly put off.

But similarly the same goes for random meets with hotties. You often find an absolute stunner, meet up with them, and there is no conversation, no interaction, no stimulation and hence it leads no where. Or they were a complete user.

All I would say is to exercise caution and never judge on any one quality. I believe that there are other qualities to look to than intelligence and looks when *looking*. I value trust, honesty, excitement, comfort and kindness above looks and intelligence. Confusedmile:

Well put Smurlos Confusedmile:

This is a difficult one. I think even with the best personality, there HAS to be some degree of physical attraction. BUT... if you find someone with the best looks, but there is no personality/brains whatsoever.. chances are, you're gonna move on.

Obviously for those going for a bit of NSA fun.. then looks are going to be much more important.

How often is it actually a choice? One may be more apparent than the other, but it depends on why you are with the person. Looks might catch the eye, but personality can sometimes turn a handsome man very ugly.

brains.

the men i've been most attracted to have never been the lookers but people with a strong personality and an above-average intelligence. clever twists of phrase, solid conversations, innuendos, no idle talks... these things spark up my brain so my whole body is in ecstasy. hey, i'm a gemini, communication is our thing!!! :biggrin:

but good looks play a role too. i am very versatile on this subject but the guy has to have some attractive features for the sexual flow to happen.

Looks always catch the eye and brains make them long term.

I have been fortunate to have both in mine :biggrin:

fjp999 Wrote:Looks always catch the eye and brains make them long term.

I have been fortunate to have both in mine :biggrin:

Beautifully said, and that's how I feel about my beautiful Marshlander... He knows I think the world of him... hehehe:redface: Scatter