Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite movie scenes?
Just like the title says, share some of your favourite movie scenes!

1. The ending of Fight Club.

2. The lighthouse scene in Battle Royale.

3. The scene where Utena transforms herself into a car in Adolescense of Utena.

4. The bride meets Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill Volume 1.

5. Chihiro's train journey in Spirited Away.

6. The theme song scene from My Neighbour Totoro.

7. Nosferatu's ascent in Nosferatu.

8. Ending of Melancholia by Lars von Trier.

9. The first scene with Lolita in Lolita by Stanley Kubrick.

10. Opening scene to 2001: A Space Odyssey

11. The ending credits to Salo: 120 days of Sodom. Just because I hated everything else in that perverted mess...

The theme that is played everytime you see the shark in Jaws.
An eye for an eye

Got to love a good magic trick.

The end of Close Encounters. Smile
An eye for an eye

The beggining of the shining is hypnotic, when there in the car and the music starts, that scene is a film in its own right

A. I - when the boy robot david drops his teddy robot from the ballon

David501 Wrote:The beggining of the shining is hypnotic, when there in the car and the music starts, that scene is a film in its own right

Yeah I agree! The movie as a whole though is actually one of the less good things Kubrick ever made. In my opinion that is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good movie but not compared to A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, Strangelove etc. :3

i think steven speilberg directed it from a stanley kubrick script, he had intended to make it years before but budget problems, and he died of course, spielberg is also going to take on another kubrick project with "napolian! Though hes doing it as a mini series not film as kubrick intended, phew!

Maybe it would have been better had kubrick made it solemboy :-)

I agree with Solemn Boy on 2001 A Space Odyssey except I'd jump forward a bit and select the shuttle scenes from the moon to the space station. The spinning space station and the zero gravity scenes all set to Strauss' waltz "The Blue Danube" is just mesmerizing.