Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a gay guy thing? Or just a guy thing? People confuse me...
Okay, I think this might come off as a mini rant, and I don't by any means want to stereotype or group people together.. but my dating/friendship history with guys is not good.. and I'm starting to wonder what's going on.. o.O.

To explain.. I've been talking to this guy on OKCUPID for awhile now. At first he seemed optimistic about meeting and getting to know each other. He even said we should go out for coffee or something soon.. which really got my hopes up.. since I've yet to have a real date. Anyway.. about 2 weeks ago he said we should meet.. and I said that I would love to, and asked what time / day, where, etc. Well, he read my message, but never responded. So I messaged him again.. and still no response. It seems he's ignoring me...

This isn't the first time something like this has happened.. where someone acts as if they want to meet.. but disappear as soon as I agree. I'd say this has happened at least 3 times..

.. and here's another recent example..

I've been talking to this guy for awhile now, in attempt to just make a friend who is also gay (since I know no one else.. minus on here of course, which is nice! Smile). Anyhow.. I thought things were good -- we have similar musical tastes, we had things in common, and I thought we were a decent match. He even had relatives in my town... Well, a week or so ago we were talking and I made a simple joke. We were on facebook discussing movies/TV Shows.. and I asked if he liked Game of Thrones. He said no, and that it bored him.. and as a joke.. I told him that he should be slapped with a waffle. OKAY.. lol.. stupid joke.. I was bored and have an odd sense of humour.. and seriously.. as far as I'm concerned you should be slapped with a waffle for disliking that show... but anyway.. the next day.. apparently I'm removed from his facebook and blocked? Really?

To be honest.. that part is whatever to me.. he spent most of his time on facebook bitching about how no one ever messaged him.. and he was ALWAYS removing people from his list for silly reasons.. but it still bothered me.

ANYWAY... I've had a few drinks so bare with me.. but.. this all leads to my thread topic. Just as an observation.. I've found that every time I try to make a gay friend or find a date.. they either a) are overly sensitive), b) have absolutely no sense of humour.. or C) randomly disappear and ignore me. I'm starting to wonder if there's something seriously wrong with me.. something that turns people off.. or if I'm just finding the wrong people? I'll agree that I'm a bit unique.. but I do try to be a nice person.. and I don't understand why people shut me out randomly, and why I can't find a good match..

I do have a friend on facebook I met about a year ago, who is very nice, but he lives in the UK. He's nice to talk to.. and funny.. but yeah.. I'm in the US so I doubt anything will ever come of that away from the computer.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this is all rambly (is that a word?)..

Dont trip out about it man. thats just online for you. its easy to just move on or to back down from something when you dont actually see them in person
honestly have you never done it to someone? it just happens

You're right.. it does happen.. it just seems like i have absolutely NO luck at all. I'm also starting to wonder if online dating sites are just a joke in general too.. I dunno..

I agree with you though.. it happens. I very well may be making something out of nothing here.. it's just very discouraging...

men, by very definition, are arseholes...so nothing unusual in that sort of behaviour.

And off topic, men should stop trying to understand women because women already do understand women....thats why women hate each other Wink

yeah it still sucks lol joys of the new age i guess

btw i rather not get slapped by a waffle.. and i hope lord tyrion sits on the throne some day
jussssttt sayyinnn

He should. He deserves it.

.. and damn it.. if you dislike GOT..I will totally waffle slap you :p Wink

Jk of course..

Tyrion Wrote:He should. He deserves it.

.. and damn it.. if you dislike GOT..I will totally waffle slap you :p Wink

Jk of course..

thisLIFE has blocked you indefinably from GaySpeak.

jkjk lol yeah man he was ballsy enough to use wild fire, took a sword to the face, and puts the king in his place when ever he damn well wants to.
not to mention he actually cares about the people... hed have my vote in a democracy

Well when you start waffleing on about something what do you expect? Tongue

Lol I'm guessing he just didn't get it, and do your eally want someone that doesn't get your humour?

What you recount is unfortunately all too typical of the gay world and even more so on gay chat sites.

This isn't a gay thing or a guy thing.

Its an online thing.

The vast majority (but certainly not all) are time wasters, hiding behind the anonymity of the net. When it comes to meeting face to face they bottle it. If they are the least bit genuine they will at least cancel any planned meeting. A lot don't, and you end up wasting your time waiting for them to show on a prearranged date.

You really need to try and spread your net wider, and into the real world rather than just rely on the internet. Go out make friends, join LGBT support groups, activities and see what happens.

Good Luck Smile

ObW
X