Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me rambling like an idiot
Hello!

I'm not really sure why I'm here. I guess I've just been really lonely. Let me warn you all that this is going to probably be me rambling on aimlessly.

Well I guess I should explain who I am first. I'm a gay male 28 year old black\white mutt. I'm also quite the nerd, loving both real science and science fiction. I moved away from my family a few years ago to escape their crazy Jehovah's Witnesses religion. I'm an atheist, by the way. Now I'm on my own and going to college like I always wanted to. However, this means that I left all my social ties behind... So what does a proactive person do? Make new connections, of course!

My problem is that I seem to have trouble making friends. Everyone seems to already have their social circles and there is no room for me in them. Not that I haven't tried. I don't really have any problem talking to people I don't know. I strike up conversation all the time! Perhaps that is my problem, though... I talk about the most bizarre and nerdy things that I guess most people just don't have a clue about.

And of course, I'm a guy, so I am very interested in more than just friendship. Of course, if I'm having trouble making friends, getting anything more than that is out of the question. I've tried the online thing, but that has mostly been more depressing than helpful. I'm a friendly and fun guy! I guess that doesn't come across in my profiles, though... Thing that really got me worried is how many times I was told that I'm too old. Too old!? I'm 28! 28 is old now!? Holy hell... I'm attracted to most of the male population. Are my tastes too broad? Should I pretend to be really picky? I have no idea. Is it too much to ask for someone to talk, play games, and have sex with? Wow that sounded slutty. Bah, who cares.

I'm a heavy guy, but I've already lost over 150 pounds, and I'm not stopping now. I'm proud of myself and obviously take every opportunity to brag about it. See? I did it just now, HA! I don't want to be a twig or anything, just average is good enough for me. I'm also pretty plain as far as my behavior. I'm not feminine, and I'm not any more masculine than the average guy. I don't really put any thought into that sort of thing. Just act how I am. No "gay accent," no special clothes. I usually wear jeans, tshirt, hoodie, and comfy shoes. Am I boring?

So yeah. I'm not really sure what I'm asking here. I'm just lonely, frustrated, and rambling like an idiot. Hello everyone! Sorry to anyone crazy\bored enough to read this far!

Hi and welcome to GS.

Stick around and I am sure you will find friends here Smile

Hi panaxiom, good intro, not at all boring, welcome to the forum Smile

Hey and welcome Smile There are more gay folks that don't fit the stereotype than there are that do - they just don't stick out as much. You're not boring and you're never too old - the people telling you that are just too young to realize it.

Hi welcome to GS. Smile It's a great place to be. Smile I love your avatar. I am a huge science fiction fan too.
An eye for an eye

Howdy!

Best thing you can do is just MEET as many people as you can. If you are not an outgoing person, then this might be hard, but it can be done.

Im not an overly friendly person, unless you really know me and who I am. Ive met TONS of people though thru my life so far. And Ive made my own little family from people who think just like me (yeah, theres more than one!!).

There aren't many of the people Ive made my personal family members, but they are loyal, honest, and like me for me....not any labels that society has stuck on me.

And out of all of those people Ive met thru my life, Ive also had a few men. One or two were actually dates and one was an actual BF for a bit.

Don't worry about making friends. As long as you are just meeting people, saying "HI" to people, or just talking to whoever is around you, you will be placing yourself in a position to make friends and possibly more.

Dan1980 Wrote:Hi welcome to GS. Smile It's a great place to be. Smile I love your avatar. I am a huge science fiction fan too.

Yeah, this reminds me that I was totally gonna make a Legion reference but I totally forgot. Oh well. [insert Legion reference]

heyhey , welcome ~

Welcome to Gayspeak!

Refer to yourself as a mutt one more time and I will scold you.

Welome! You're funny. And yay for Mass Effect.