Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to meat real, non-exploitive guys
I'm an 18 year old naive Autistic. So I guess you could say I'd be easy to take advantage of. How do I meet guys who won't do that to me?

First of all, you have to 'meet' guys before you can 'meat' them. (Is that a typo in the thread title? Wink )

How to do that is hard to advise. You're a few years from going to bars. Sounds like you're not into guys your own age. Online dating can be risky for a young guy looking for older (especially one self-identifying as naive). Do you have gay friends? Friends of friends can be a good source. Is there a GLBT center near you? If so they may have events and activities where you can meet guys of various ages. Better than online dating, I'd think. If you DO go the online route, be prepared to filter out A LOT of guys before you consider meeting one. Trust your gut if something doesn't seem right.

^ What Gem said. We're sorta of in the same boat ( tho I was never taken advantaged off). My plan was maybe try a couple sites when I turn 18 but I doubt it'll work...effectively. If you're looking for something meaningful, I think you should just skip the bars since from what I heard, the bars are pretty much just for one night stands and hook ups. Maybe you can look into your local gay groups or communities?

To my limited knowledge, I was under the cognitive understanding that, On the scale of Autistic development of Emotional rationale and understanding, they unfortunately are not on the "upside", for various neurological reasons...along with sufferes of Bi-Polar Disorder, Asbergers Syndrome and a Narcissistic Complexes...and somewhat borders, if not exemplifies Apathetic behaviours due to the lack of relatability...

However, I could very easily be wrong, to which I have absolutely no problem admitting, point it out Sis, but, in the event that I am not, would meeting someone especially online, be wise?

You yourself have alluded to being Naive, meanwhile, this very same Naivety can ultimately be your cripple and not your Autism per se, as many men, such as Gemmy has said, would be hard pressed to not take advantage of an "easy situation".

If you must do this, whether virtually or face to face, you must arm yourself with the knowledge to protect yourself from harm and not just physically. You must know the limitations within your ability to function with the hand you've been dealt.

Do not use them as an excuse however, to cop out or let things slide/happen.

Your mind, no matter the state of it, is perhaps one of the strongest tools you can ever learn to wield, and as yours seems to be hinged well, grab the door and close it to what you feel is wrong for you and open it for what is right.

Excuses are for the weak and the Weak use excuses. Be strong and make a Choice/Plan.

Loveya

Be careful. There are people (SOME HAVE BEEN MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM IN THE PAST) who will deliberately try to make your life miserable, and you might not even realize what they are doing. Don't loan money, your car, your home, etc., until the other party can prove they can take care of themselves without your "help".

No way. If I'm in a relationship with a guy, he is controlling the finances. Real men can manage their own finances Tongue

Is that to say, you are not a Real Man and can therefore make no Financial decisions? And further more, what qualifies as a "Real Man", the logic confounds me, as "Real Men" to me, are mature males with a good head on his shoulders and a Dick...

but even still, even the mentality of being "A/The Man" constitues as being a Man, so unless you identify with something else, you have exempt yourself, not only from being financially adept, but also from "Manhood".

Perhaps you meant it jokingly, but the implications of this assessment of being a Male and the Ramifications thereof are nearly innumerable, so I shall laugh now...ha...ha...ha
Sheep

Geminize Wrote:First of all, you have to 'meet' guys before you can 'meat' them. (Is that a typo in the thread title? Wink )
kinda harsh and demeaning to point that out to the OP.

How to meat real, non-exploitive guys

Regardless of being exploitative or not its my experience that all men are made out of meat.

Doesn't matter if you are naive or have been around the block several times - there is always a con man, a manipulation, exploitative individual who is smart enough to pull the wool over your eyes for at least a little while - no matter how smart you are, how socially active you are.

So its not figuring out how to not meet exploitative guys, nor to meet non-exploitative guys. The thing you need to do is figure out ways to figure out who is who before they hurt you.

Let me know when you figure it out... At age 47 I'm still able to be hurt by people. Never learn I guess - or maybe its just human experience.

Arkansota Wrote:No way. If I'm in a relationship with a guy, he is controlling the finances. Real men can manage their own finances Tongue

And that will make you? I don't believe you're that naive... I met little dudes with the same philosophy before. And they're often very little clever con artist themselves