Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme OCD coming on
I have pretty bad OCD about a stupid topic-

[SIZE="4"]Whether Arkansas is considered to be a Southern state or a Midwestern state.
[/SIZE]
OF COURSE IT IS!! ARKANSAS COULD NOT BE MORE SOUTHERN!! Only EXTREMELY ignorant people think it's in the Midwest. But my OCD is illogical so it keeps worrying about this. I really want to go to college in the South and I'm going to college in Arkansas, so I am having anxiety about this.

What do I do? I'm on medication that isn't gonna change. What are some strategies I can use?

Please help, or at least talk to me about it. My anxiety feels a little bit lessened just from posting the above post and I'd like to bring it down even more.

Perhaps it will help if you explain why it matters?

Richard

ardus Wrote:Perhaps it will help if you explain why it matters?

Richard

It doesn't matter. OCD is not rational and there is generally no logic behind my obsessions. I know Arkansas is in the South. But it bothers me that some people don't.

I mean why does it matter if it's in the south or midwest?

Richard

ardus Wrote:I mean why does it matter if it's in the south or midwest?

Richard

Because I want to go to college in a place that is drastically different than Minnesota, a Midwestern state.

I blocked Yahoo Answers, since that is usually what escalates my anxiety. See, I ask a question, and I get an answer I don't like, and *BOOM* my anxiety is much worse.

I hope someday I can just accept that Arkansas is southern no matter what anybody says. But I'm not there yet.

Ahhhhhh, well Arkansas is in the SEC.

Richard

ardus Wrote:Ahhhhhh, well Arkansas is in the SEC.

Richard

What is SEC? Southeastern country?

Southeastern Conference. It's the conference Arkansas football plays in.

Richard