Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so what university are you going?
So with Alevel results out, I am just intrigued at what universities people are going this year and what universities you have went to and what you study/studied?

I'll get things going, but only because you're from Birmingham. That's because I went to Birmingham University. I got a very average degree and had a fantastic time. My circle of friends is still composed mostly of people I met there.

I absolutely love the city. Being the first place I lived after leaving home, I really grew up there. My enthusiasm for the city doesn't arise out of some anthropological detachment, I'm from elsewhere in the west midlands anyway. I've been back recently and there's just enough left for it to be recognisable.

I'm guessing from your age and the fact that you ask the question that you are about to go to or are already at university. If so make the most of it. It's not all downhill after you leave but there's stuff you can get away with when you're a student that you can't afterwards. But, most important of all, don't listen to advice from old farts like me.

im hopefully going to Galway university to study computer and electronic engineering

My dream is to go to a university in Edinburgh in one year but I can't be completely sure it's going to happen. I'd really love that though!

I'm going to Auckland University.

I considered Victoria but decided lol wellington no thanks.

Then I thought Otago university and the I could go see Josh Big Grin

But then I realised wait why don't I just stay here in this dusty crapbowl that is Auckland. YAY.

my A levels aren't finished yet. Ive got a few more months but Ive already got university entrance and past the eligibility for Law and Arts Conjoint. A Level results wont really mean anything much to me.

I need to focus on my national scholarship exams that could get me up to 5000 dollars per year. I don't think I'm likely to get any other scholarships and the ones I might be able to get like the one for LGBT youth don't pay for too much and I still won't realy have such a big chance for it.

Well I'm gonna be a final year student next session at local university,University of Malaya. I'm studying math,yup,just math,although surprisingly there's a lot of branch that could be even further specialized when you go to postgraduate level. Let's just say each topic in math textbook in high school is a branch by itself,and of course there's more.

I'm hoping to further my study in University of Waterloo or McGill University in Canada. I've been eyeing their postgraduate coursework program which isn't available in my country. But that will probably be in 2014 or 2015,so wish me luck to graduate first~ XD

mamza Wrote:Well I'm gonna be a final year student next session at local university,University of Malaya. I'm studying math,yup,just math,although surprisingly there's a lot of branch that could be even further specialized when you go to postgraduate level. Let's just say each topic in math textbook in high school is a branch by itself,and of course there's more.

I'm hoping to further my study in University of Waterloo or McGill University in Canada. I've been eyeing their postgraduate coursework program which isn't available in my country. But that will probably be in 2014 or 2015,so wish me luck to graduate first~ XD

Really Mamza? If you're coming to McGill it will be my pleasure to offer you residence in one of our apartment buildings around the area... I also have residence close to Waterloo Smile And trust me you'll get the landlord special pricing.. just don't go brag about it among the other students Smile It will be our secret... and the forum secret LOL.

As per the OP I did University of Quebec in Montreal; Sociology and Psychology, University of Montreal; Business major, Ryerson Polytechnic U in Toronto; English Literature, University of Paris; Diplomatic Studies & Anthropology, University of Cambridge UK; Business & Society and now I'm taking animation at a college. Yes I know totally off the chart but hey I can draw so I don;t want to loose my skills and I swear only by cartoons hahahaha... watch them before watching news lol.

Jake Wrote:Really Mamza? If you're coming to McGill it will be my pleasure to offer you residence in one of our apartment buildings around the area... I also have residence close to Waterloo Smile And trust me you'll get the landlord special pricing.. just don't go brag about it among the other students Smile It will be our secret... and the forum secret LOL.
Hey I may end up giving you a job too... so let's keep contact buddy Smile what's left to say is WELCOME TO CANADA the REAL land of the free. We stand on guard for thee... and it's not just a lyric we live by it. And just for your environmental awareness...SAVE A TREE.... EAT BEAVERS hahahahaha

Jake Wrote:Really Mamza? If you're coming to McGill it will be my pleasure to offer you residence in one of our apartment buildings around the area... I also have residence close to Waterloo Smile And trust me you'll get the landlord special pricing.. just don't go brag about it among the other students Smile It will be our secret... and the forum secret LOL.

Yup! As far as I know,they are the only two university that offer postgraduate coursework program in Combinatorial Optimization,a field that's quite new even here,so I really wish to further my study there.

Really? Ahaha,I'm getting an offer even before I get there,now I really need to work my ass off to secure study fund to get there in the first place. :biggrin: