Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A better fit
Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here, and feel free to read on if you're bored.

This is my first time posting on a gay forum, and although I'm not completely new to gay experiences, I'm still quite bewildered. Yes, I'm one of those who has tried very hard to be hetero for most of his life, and is finally discovering that it wasn't a good fit. To make a short story long, I first noticed being turned on by the occasional guy when I was in my 20s, but didn't really think much of it. At that time, I was so socially awkward that I had a difficult enough time even approaching a woman, much less a man, and as a result I never made the slightest attempt to do anything about it. Sweeping it under the rug seemed much more convenient. Eventually, in light of my failures to secure a girlfriend in those years, I wound up experimenting when I got to be 30-ish. Unfortunately, I had a ridiculous level of anxiety about it, which pretty much ruined the whole experience, and I concluded from this that I couldn't really be gay after all. Back to more straight dating, back to more breakups. Was there something about me that was putting these women off? I've always been masculine. I started working with various relationship coaches on how to be more relaxed, and that helped me feel better, but the sparks still never flew.

Recently, it occurred to me that, as long as I've become so much more relaxed dating women, I'd probably be more relaxed about dating men now, too. I figured I had nothing to lose. Well, it turned out that I was right. I went online, and I've started to meet some amazingly simpatico guys. (It's nice to be in a socially liberal part of the world that has a sizable gay community.) So yeah, I'm a late bloomer with a lot to learn, but at least I feel more optimistic now.

Looking forward to conversing with anyone who's got some words of wisdom for me.

Hi welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

Welcome to GS, and I don't think you're a late bloomer. Or maybe 'late bloomers' are much more than what you can imagine...

Welcome to Gayspeak! Hope you enjoy it here Smile

Welcome to gayspeak my friend! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! My names Kenny, but you're welcomed to call me as Stranger as well! Hope we'll get to chat soon!

I am proud to be gay and all that sort of thing. Do you look anything like your picture. I really LOVE animals and animals love me. One day at the San Diego zoo, I saw a really good looking kangaroo, I said "Come over here, my friend, and let me look at you." This great kangaroo bounced over and looked in my green eyes. I scratched his chest and squeezed his shoulders and it was love at first sight.

MY guy Tom asked me if he could pet the kangaroo. I said "Ask the kangaroo, asshole." Tom did and the kangaroo punched him in the mouth and kicked him a few times. "You are the meanest bastard I ever met, John, all animals take their orders from you. I try to be nice and feed them and they all want to cuddle with you." "Sorry, Tom, animals have great taste in men. Animals love me and they can barely tolerate you. Maybe it's your deoderant, Tom,?" "Fuck you, John, you put a spell on animals."

Are you an animal lover, I hope. Animals are easier than people to deal with than people.

Welcome to GS.
John

I'm a late bloomer myself, but better late than never.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.

Richard

Welcome to GS! Big Grin

Black-hunk-wave

gilhooly Wrote:I am proud to be gay and all that sort of thing. Do you look anything like your picture. I really LOVE animals and animals love me. One day at the San Diego zoo, I saw a really good looking kangaroo, I said "Come over here, my friend, and let me look at you." This great kangaroo bounced over and looked in my green eyes. I scratched his chest and squeezed his shoulders and it was love at first sight.

MY guy Tom asked me if he could pet the kangaroo. I said "Ask the kangaroo, asshole." Tom did and the kangaroo punched him in the mouth and kicked him a few times. "You are the meanest bastard I ever met, John, all animals take their orders from you. I try to be nice and feed them and they all want to cuddle with you." "Sorry, Tom, animals have great taste in men. Animals love me and they can barely tolerate you. Maybe it's your deoderant, Tom,?" "Fuck you, John, you put a spell on animals."

Are you an animal lover, I hope. Animals are easier than people to deal with than people.

Welcome to GS.
John

LOL at your story, John. And yes, I'm definitely an animal lover. I've got a rescued (ex-racing) greyhound at home, and he's by far my best buddy.