Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your place of residence - how homophobic is it?
I was wondering, since I noticed that there are many people here from around the globe, not only from the US. So, how homophobic/accepting your environment is?

Let's put it this way:

1 - Extremely homophobic. Being gay is illegal(or 'gay propaganda' as in Russia) and punishable by law. Not to mention social problems of the same kind.
2 - homophobic. Holding hands and other acts of showing affection with my same sex partner could get me physically harmed, I could lose my job if I came out to my boss, many people from my family would disown me.
3 - It's ok, but many things could be improved. Yet, it's not bad either.
4 - Accepting environment. People are tolerant, nobody cares who I share my bed with.
5 - Very accepting, I can marry whom I want, I can kiss my same sex partner in the street and being gay doesn't bother my career/social life/other.

I'd say I belong to #2. What's your number?

I would fall into a number 3.

It is either 1 or 2. It's a harsh life, isn't it?

It can vary. Where I live at now is #4, but less than an hour's drive away (at apartments that reminded me of a gated community) I'd rank it as 2.5 (in between 2 and 3).

Generally speaking Texas is #2 and California #3, yet different parts of Houston and Los Angeles both ranked between 2-4 depending where in the city you were.

Vancouver...would be 1.5 probably...but where I live...it's probably 3 or 2.

where I live it is between 3 and 4. the gay district here is definitely between a 4 and 5

i don't know about my city/state, but my personal house hold is probably 1-2( i probably wouldn't get killed, but still)

Probably 4 - Accepting environment. People are tolerant, nobody cares who I share my bed with.

Perhaps I am blind and wrong, but living right across the river from Manhattan, things are pretty open and accepted, generally, it seems, thank goodness.

4a - Accepting environment. People are tolerant, nobody cares who I share my bed with but like to ask stupid Questions

Questions like:
Q: Why is this man so much time at your home ?
A: You know it, but do you want to ask me something ?
Q: No .... but ... people say you are gay
A: Cool
Q: Why are you both are going out with the dogs at night ? Let him better stay at home.. because people are saying something about you both.
A: Nice to know, yes it is better to lock him into the bathroom if I go with the dogs...

theres not a lot of homophobic people where i live. heck there's no people out here peroid. But in the city, theres lots of people and everyone is pretty chill about it.