Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee and coffee machines
I love coffee and I'm looking for a coffee machine for my new flat but I have no idea what I should be looking for.

According to this article from The Guardian, these are the main choices:

Filter coffee machines

Pod or capsule coffee machines

Percolators

Pump espresso maker

Bean-to-cup

I have tried the capsule coffee machine several times and I'm not too fond of it. I believe I also tried some filter coffee bought at Harrods, London, but we didn't use any machine, just a paper napkin. I have no idea what the others are.

Versatility is the main thing I look for in any appliance. Is there a machine that combines all these types of coffee?

Thanks in advance!

I believe this blogger maybe able to help, or maybe have a blog post written about coffee machine choices somewhere.

http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/

I have always loved percolated coffee, just because the thing amazes me....even today.

I like "pod" machines myself. SOOOO many different flavors and only one cup at a time! No messy pot, it goes right into my cup!

We had a pod machine a little while ago (keurig I think) but it started to not work so great and then it died of starvation and neglect (and possibly syphilis) in the corner. Also I didn't really like the flavors or the quality of the coffee it made....too watery and way too hot (same problem we have with the filter machine.) So when I can, I use the espresso machine and I love it. Or I drink tea.

I used to have this great coffee maker that had a grinder built into it so it would grind the beans then brew the coffee, I loved it, used it almost every day for five years before it broke. Didn't get another because it was on the expensive side $80.

As far as quality, of coffee produced, french press is the best by far, but you have to have a seperate grinder to grind the beans.

Richard

Coffee is Eugh, tea is whats good. More caffeine. You coffee slurpers couldnt handle it. I drink it before bed!

tavi Wrote:Coffee is Eugh, tea is whats good. More caffeine. You coffee slurpers couldnt handle it. I drink it before bed!

I love Chai tea.

This is my fav.....
[Image: STA-08254-4.jpg]

How do you take it ?

I only really like the very standard cuppa with a dollop of cows milk and 2 sugars. Occasionally green tea with mint, though not for the taste, just gives you a boost.

I drink my coffee black, no sugar. I buy it each morn at the Korean deli across the street. I love coffee!

Almond (or soy if I can get it) milk, just enough to give it some color, and a little sugar, if the soy milk wasn't already sweetened or vanilla flavor or whatever. I really shouldn't be thinking about coffee at 11:30 at night......