Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea or coffee? Which is better for you?
Read and make ujp your own mind.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160115...er-for-you
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Coffee is a powerful antioxidant. But there are benefits to black and even green tea.

Coffee period.

It does stain my teeth, the bloody thing, but I'll go for tea anyday forever and eternity.

As to which one is better, probably the one with less caffeine on it, then its oxidative damage-inducing traits are lessened, more so because tea packs quite a bit of polyphenols (antioxidants).
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:It does stain my teeth, the bloody thing, but I'll go for tea anyday forever and eternity.

So, do you use mouthwash?

Quote:Most dentists seem to agree that tea’s natural pigments are more likely to adhere to dental enamel than coffee’s – particularly if you use a mouthwash containing the common antiseptic chlorhexidine, which seems to attract and bind to the microscopic particles.

The thing is, there is good coffee and bad coffee; good tea and bad tea. I'm more of a coffee drinker but I hate the stuff that is store bought or comes in tins and I won't even touch "instant". Total Yuck.

So, I'm a coffee snob.

But it hasn't always been like that.

Before I moved here to Berkeley in 1973, I didn't drink coffee at all. All I'd ever had was "Yuban" or "Maxwell House"... rot gut crap. Hated it.

Soon after I got here I was living in a commune on the North Side and just a few blocks away was a coffee shop called "Peet's". <<< It's worth reading about. "Mr. Peet" was this little old British Tea Taster who brought REAL COFFEE to the San Francisco Bay Area. I'd almost say he started the whole "espresso coffee" craze in some respects. I'd never tasted coffee until I had Peet's. Seriously. I had no idea. This stuff is STRONG, too. Knock your socks off.

Well, after Mr. Peet retired (or died, I forget which) the company was bought out by some other company from Seattle (from whence Star Bucks), and they turned Peet's into a national brand. Well.. IDK how far they've spread but there are lots of Peet's shops in the Bay Area. Have no idea how many but its a big deal.

Currently I buy a different, much smaller (only one shop) brand: Cole Coffee. I sometimes buy Peet's, too but mostly I buy Cole.

Luscious stuff. LEGAL DRUGS!!!!

LONDONER Wrote:So, do you use mouthwash?

I do use mouthwash :/

Once a year I get a proper teeth cleansing with my dentist and it looks a whole lot better for the next half a year haha.

Can't find it in me to give up tea

Insertnamehere Wrote:I do use mouthwash :/

Once a year I get a proper teeth cleansing with my dentist and it looks a whole lot better for the next half a year haha.

Can't find it in me to give up tea

The latest advice from dentists is not to use mouthwash but to brush your teeth and then not rinse your mouth out but allow the fluoride in the toothpaste to continue acting on your teeth.

LONDONER Wrote:The latest advice from dentists is not to use mouthwash but to brush your teeth and then not rinse your mouth out but allow the fluoride in the toothpaste to continue acting on your teeth.

I do love Fluoride. This poses a difficulty in breaking a habit, I'm used to mouthwash and I feel dirty without it.

Alto Wrote:Not that I drink a lot of coffee, its just sometimes I have had too much tea and feel like if I drink anymore I'll collapse into a puddle of tea.

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl