Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pound land
In pound land everythings a pound.

10 lighters for a pound! sounds amazing, only they last a day and a half.

can opener - these tend not to work, or maybe work once and never again, yes at least i got that tin of tuna open

Shower gel - only it somehow feels different to the exactly same product of any other stores anywhere.

Nasty teatowels, plastic cups, lots of little plastic things, socks that feel odd on your feet, like they were designed for something similiar to a foot but not quite.

Chocolate that tastes wrong

but everythings a quid and the staff is freindly.

You talking about dollar stores?

Yep. Mostly cheap chinese garbage.

But a lot of dollar stores here in the USA have gotten back to buying foods and hygiene products made here in the USA.

What I dont understand, is if dollar stores can sell high end label products and foods, then why cant the regular stores charge the same price?

Thats what i wonder and they also do stuff that hasnt been around for ages and you thought just disapeared, food and cosmetic stuff i dont trust a lot of it. The ones in this area arent even the genuin big name ones, just rip offs.

MisterTinkles Wrote:What I dont understand, is if dollar stores can sell high end label products and foods, then why cant the regular stores charge the same price?

It was explained to me once that they get damaged (though possibly just the packaging), flawed (didn't pass inspection for some reason, like maybe not enough bristles on the toothbrush), or nearly expired merchandise, or that someone else couldn't sell it to the public so sold it to the dollar store cheap.

my mind was in the gutter when I read the title Supergrin
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I went there too, Ceez. And I have to say... I'm a little disappointed.

no not dollers. we hhave differint mony in england.

joseph Wrote:no not dollers. we hhave differint mony in england.

What really! Wow!

tavi Wrote:What really! Wow!

Rude. Needlessly so.

Anyway, I actually found that - at least in my experience - stores like these actually had a lot of genuine bargains. The "problem" was they really preyed on the stupidity of people. They lured people in with the promise of "everything for a pound", got them to buy a few good deals, and then fooled them in to buying a few things for a pound - thinking it was a bargain - that were actually barely worth a thing. So while they only just scraped a profit on some things, they made an absolute killing on other products. Or that was my observation at least.

The only thing i heard there was "stupidity of people"