Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Told Mum
Well I told my mum yestersay, was just sitting watching TV and I dunno why but it just seemed the right moment to say.

Worst thing is she just burst into tears, kept asking if it was her fault, if she had done anything wrong, why coudnt I find a nice girl when ive got lots of friends that are girls, said she was dissapointed as she wanted me to be happy get married and have kids one day. Im sure she will be ok once shes got used to the idea we had a big hug not seen her since I said. I then went to a friends BBQ and procided to get very drunk (not normaly like me!!)

Today ive got the joys of telling my dad, I was going to tell them together over a meal or sumink but like most things it didnt go to plan.

Congrats on coming out to your mum.

I'm sure things will be ok with her. Sounds like your mum, like mine, didn't have the slightest clue before telling her and I guess its natural as she would be thinking about having grandkids / great grandkids etc.

I'd suggest keep things normal for now with her and let her be the one to ask questions when she's ready.

Hope things go well with telling your Dad.

Well, I told my dad and he was like. Oh ok then changed the subject and when mum got back in from church she just chatted and didnt say anything about it. Ive just had them round mine for lunch and they both seemed fine so :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Malcs, congratulations and well done Bighug . It can only get better now you don't have this preying somewhere on some part of your mind.

If only my mum had lived long enough and that I had been as brave as you.

My mom "discovered" that I was gay at about the same age as you and she reacted with the exact same statements/questions.

Congrats on the success and may all your future coming outs be the best.

Congrats Malcs, Always a toughy to do coming out to your parents! Good luck with your dad and let us know how it goes.

SebbyxXXx

Awww I'm glad it's been a mostly positive experience for you Confusedmile: Always good to hear! Are you an only child or is there more chance of grand children with other siblings?

Mine went a little similar with the mother - there were tears and lots of hugs - but she was really understanding, blamed herself, said that I should never be ashamed of who I am and was bloody fantastic about it. And now she knows I've got a boyfriend and she's nothing but accepting and treats him like anyone else, so it's all good.

See I have a sis and she has 2 kids so I'm pretty sure that's probably one of the reasons my mum isn't too fussed. If I were an only child I'm sure it would've been a bigger issue.

Not told my dad yet, but am sure I'll get round to it one day.

Well done Malcs for making that HUGE step and telling your parents !!

I'm really glad that they've both responded at least reasonably positively, although the issue of blame is something I think your mum would be best-served by ridding herself of as quickly as possible ... it amazes me how heterosexuals STILL consider our coming out to them as an admission of guilt or shame ... it's just affirming that this is our preference - this is who and what we are, and that's that !

*sigh*

BUT, that does NOTHING to detract from the very brave side of yourself that you displayed when you came out to them, as that takes BALLS mate.

Fair play !! :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Smurlos Wrote:Not told my dad yet, but am sure I'll get round to it one day.

You might not have to... I mean it'll be quite obvious once you start bringing your boyfriend around for celebrations..., won't it?

malcs Wrote:Well, I told my dad and he was like. Oh ok then changed the subject and when mum got back in from church she just chatted and didnt say anything about it. Ive just had them round mine for lunch and they both seemed fine so :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Malcs, don't know why I should feel that way, but I am SOOOO PROUD of you... I think it must be because I relate to the whole tricky and emotionally exhausting business of thinking about telling your parents. As I said, I never mentioned anything to my dad, not in words in any case, but I think he has got the picture quite clearly now and knows what's going on between Marshlander and me... As for mum, she's just so sweet to us (and apparently happy for us both) I know know why I ever worried....Confusedmile:

But then there was the business of my brother dying, so I know why I was so worried. :frown: