Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you come out if you were interested in an openly gay person
I'm just wondering how many of you would be willing to come out if an openly gay man were interested in dating you. Would you be willing to risk ridicule and persecution? I think I would. I'm still looking for him.

I came out because of my first love. BEFORE I could dedicate myself to him I had to have a bit of honesty in my life.

So BEFORE we went to bed, I spent about 6 months struggling with my own demons (well only the gay ones, I have way too many demons to struggle with all at once) and decided to come out before saying 'yes' to the sex, the love, the relationship.

I felt it was well worth it.

It worked for me. I got a strong supporter who helped me through the rejection/hatred of others and helped me to figure out that my real friends where those who just plain didn't give a shit if I as gay, bi, straight whatever.

I know it's not right for everyone, but for me, being closeted tells the world that you are ashamed, that you feel there is something wrong with being gay.

Coming out has to be a personal decision.

Once you make the announcement you'll be surprised how many people couldn't give a crap.

Good luck with it though!

I did, though the circumstances were less then pleasant. Short version is he sent me a very confusing text message that read like he wanted to kill himself, and I had to have someone to lean on during a state of extreme emotional duress, so I came out to my parents. I had been planning on coming out once I built up the confidence, but the message (which by the way, nothing came of, as far as I know, he didn't attempt anything) kinda pressed the issue and forced my hand.

I came out before meeting anyone but I always said that if I met the right person I would come out to my family because I wouldn't want to lose someone I love.

But to be honest I don't know if I would have or not but I am glad I came out even if it didnt turn out so well.

I thought I would...but I got a shot 3 years ago when an openly gay guy started to like me...and I did nothing...at all....and I'm still closeted...so I guess no...

for all of you out there DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

Don't be like me..

southbiochem Wrote:I thought I would...but I got a shot 3 years ago when an openly gay guy started to like me...and I did nothing...at all....and I'm still closeted...so I guess no...

for all of you out there DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

Don't be like me..

Don't be hard on yourself. Everyone is different.

:bighugs:

First of all um may be a bit biased, as um neva really been "in the closet" ... aren't dem dings fa clothes?

But, firmly Umma have ta say a sound no, as I feel like no persons is worth my discomfort, and will not and absolutely would not remove me from comfort until um ready to venture forward with my life.

And if dat persons so respected my decision, den dey would undastand exactly where I stay to and allow me ta move at my own progression.

Howeva, not being in de closet at any point in my life, I'd neva know how it feels to want to be out and to have a reason or even for some an "excuse" or scapegoat to do so for, so It may have ta do with dat persons and how dey feel.

But I feel like it's foolish ta come out for someone else, when dat persons has got all da bearins, and den you wanna hit'em wif de quick dat, because you wanna be with dem, but you ain't even got yaself in orda first. Collect yaself first I say...

Hands-make-heart

Just being honest. As the Trinis say sometimes;

"Ah De Rell Commitment Dey! Gotta wurk fa it!

I came out mostly because I have a lot of things kept to myself back then, so I needed to let out, or else I probably would have burst into pieces. Although, it did not go well with my parents, I'm still glad I came out, at least that stopped my mom from asking me when I'm going to get a girl. I also like the fact now I'm not that afraid of being persecuted or ridiculed anymore. Personally, I don't care what others say about me, being gay certainly don't define what kind of person I am and I'm also used to being persecuted. At some point, you just don't care, I 'd rather use all that energy to build a grandfather clock than being worried of what others think of me. So, come out when you are comfortable with it, and it really doesn't matter what others say, unless you live in countries where homosexuality is prohibited. Then, you need to move before you get into danger. Hope this helps.

No I would NOT do it.