Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errr... third date ideas?
Hey Guys,

I'm quite inexperienced at the whole dating/courtship(?) game and I embarrassed to say that my thing so far as been one night stands (yes, I know I'm/was a bastard).

Well, anyway, I want to change that and I've been recently seeing this guy for a little over a week now and we've been on two dates together (first was drinks, second was dinner) and although we were quite intimate at the end of our second date :redface: and it's still very early, we've both agreed to leave full-on sex until we both feel comfortable (and as far as I'm aware I'm supposedly the more sexually experienced one which is perhaps why I am more comfortable than he is to go the whole hog).

The thing is, as I've said I'm not very experienced (read: no experience!) with dating and I'm now a little stuck for ideas as to what to do for a third date :confused: - movies are so yesterday! We both want a third date, which is promising, but what do I do?

I know there's some BS flying around our heterosexual counterparts that the third date is *the* date, but we've already agreed that we'll proceed to that stage only if and when both of us are comfortable with it (even if I'm perhaps a little impatient!).

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble now - could anyone here on GS offer some ideas please as to what to do for a third date?

Invite him over and cook him a meal. Have wine.

This will lead to sex, of course, but it is the 3rd date...

Museums, theater - day hiking trips - long walks on the beach.... picnic in the park...

There are a lot of activities (fun and boring) that a couple of people can do together that doesn't automatically end up being sex. yes I know, going to the movies is so yestergay so 20th century.... however if it works for the two of you don't shoot it down.

Instead of looking at it as a 'date' why not look at it as what two friends (who are not romantically involved) would do to pass time together.

Lets say you two have known each other since heck was a pup - you are good friends who are board with going out and picking up people - what would you to to piss away a few hours and have fun?

Try that.

crazy golf is a really fun thing to do with someone where you can laugh and be competitive, which adds a different dynamic, i think its a really good idea (suprise :p) and something to remember

i went with a partner though i think it would be a great ice breaker for a date, after all, you cant take yourself too seriously when your trying to hit a golf ball up a ramp into an rotating clowns mouth huh?

Expat Wrote:Invite him over and cook him a meal. Have wine.

:biggrin: Rolleyes

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Museums, theater - day hiking trips - long walks on the beach.... picnic in the park...

There are a lot of activities (fun and boring) that a couple of people can do together that doesn't automatically end up being sex. yes I know, going to the movies is so yestergay so 20th century.... however if it works for the two of you don't shoot it down.

Instead of looking at it as a 'date' why not look at it as what two friends (who are not romantically involved) would do to pass time together.

Lets say you two have known each other since heck was a pup - you are good friends who are board with going out and picking up people - what would you to to piss away a few hours and have fun?

Try that.

The thing is I'm not sure if we can look at each other as good friends anymore after what happened at the end of our second date :redface: (one base short of a home-run). Though I understand what you're saying and I appreciate the advice given, thank you.

partis Wrote:crazy golf is a really fun thing to do with someone where you can laugh and be competitive, which adds a different dynamic, i think its a really good idea (suprise :p) and something to remember

i went with a partner though i think it would be a great ice breaker for a date, after all, you cant take yourself too seriously when your trying to hit a golf ball up a ramp into an rotating clowns mouth huh?

That's good suggestion, thanks, it gives me an opportunity to tease him and be teased!

Any other suggestions please?

Just talk about the things you enjoy and create a date-plan from there. Depending on the personalities involved an awesome date could be anything from:

* Concert
* Bar
* Cinema
* Movie night at home
* Just dinner
* Board-game night!!
* Parachuting
* Paintball

And maaaaaaany other things.

The farm's chucking a foam party Dance

'Op a plane land at Lanceria, get picked up 3/4 H your'e there

Food and drinks on me Yummy and I'll book you a 2 berth cabin Sperm

DanceYummySperm what more you want??

Bound to knock his socks off

Seriously I'm happy for you Elefant
Duckkie

Do it Ghost(1990) style! Go to a pottery class together and cuddle up and make a pottery together! Smile There are a lot of things you can do, Maybe list the ones you've already done, and list what you haven't done. See which ones are the most feasible with your situation.

Expat Wrote:Invite him over and cook him a meal. Have wine.

Oh gurl , just no.

Because if you're going to be bottoming, you can't eat before hand, lest your channels become...blocked and that's a story for another time gurls.

You'll cook him a meal that you can't have Any of, he'll eat it, get full and sleepy, crash on your couch, so you get hungry and decide to eat a bit and then he wakes up and wants to fuck you and than you're fucked.

So you need to make sure it's strictly a Dinner date.

- Learned this from my Gay Idol, who is a very real Bitch :p

Obviously Expat is a Top Coffee

~

[COLOR="Magenta"]My Suggestion for a Third date is just Fuck...
Yup, Fuck..

Just Fuck the formalities that is, and sit off at a park or something and just talk. For the First date, sure, wine and dine, but by the Third date, you're showing interest and so should try to move on to more common and everyday scenarios in life... unfortunately, life isn't Sex in the City...

Just randomly walk around your neighbor hood or something and talk. Atleast that's what I would like. I'm all for the movies and stuff and the romanticism, but sometimes an unplanned walk along the Beach is even better Sheep[/COLOR]

Ask him what he wants to do. Remember, there are two people in a relationship.