Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want a boyfriend
How can I find a boyfriend? I was really thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I want a boyfriend... how can I find one near me by doing online searches? I mean, I've tried and tried all different ways. But I can't find anyone... I need someone's help....

Maybe there is LGBT group at your School or University ? You can go to there and meet people , then maybe if you do not like them for boyfriend they will have other friend you can meet who you do like . . .

Nope. I go to a super small school. In a super small town. I mean, everyone knows I'm gay, but that don't help any. No lgbt clubs or anything...

Hmmm, not sure if it's that easy to find a boyfriend. I know a lot of people that are "ready" but never gets that chance to meet. You just have to keep on going I guess. Anyways, try going to LGBT events as much. For example, Pride Parade, gay bar, etc.

Have you checked between the couch cushions?

I want one too, I'm tired of f****** around.

Nobody else here has ever experienced this I'm sure...

Looking at the posters above me, I note a lot of single people have chimed in.

Apparently your not alone in this sinking boat.

I have tried a few sites that would appear to be 'relationship' directed, however I have gotten way too many 'just sex' replies, guys who can't read 'I'm not interested in casual sex.'

I have come to the conclusion that 'online' dating it not going to pan out.

As others have suggested the LGBT center in your local area may be a good place. Sadly other than bars and clubs LGBT don't really have that many places to actually meet just LGBT.

You may not meet a mate/BF at the LGBT center, but you will meet other LGBT individuals in your community, thus you will be 'networking' - get invited to various LGBT leaning social events, parties, beach BBQ's - whatever where your network of LGBT people can be grown. Perhaps through a private social function like that you will find a potential mate?

What are your hobbies? I did hiking clubs where a lot of people networked and went team hiking and met a lot of nice people who introduced me to their friends - Having a common frame of reference is a good way to meet a potential mate. So if you have a hobby/interest that has face to face social interactions you may want to do more of that and see what kind of people you meet.

And don't discount straight friends either. I have discovered that my Straight Friends are pretty needy and desperate to hook me up with other gay males. Apparently their universe is happy only when all of their LGBT friends are dating each other. :biggrin:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Apparently their universe is happy only when all of their LGBT friends are dating each other. :biggrin:

haha. I said the same thing awhile ago when a friend of mine
tried hooking me up with her other gay friend. I'm like, "uh... thanks?"

XD

A small town gay boy who wants a boyfriend but can't find one, how cliché.
You'll have to wait till college, and if you don't go to college you'll have to consider being prepared to find someone willing to do a long distance relationship, or you moving to "the big city" yourself.
Yeah I live in the boonies too and I know living in the sticks has its downs, but then again I'd hate to have to pay to park my car and listen to traffic as I'm trying to sleep at night.
Don't stress not having a boyfriend. You'll get over it, at least I did.