Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How you met your best friend
I'm very fortunate to have a best friend, and the story of how we became friends people seem to find amusing. Freshman year of high school, we had these lessons taught to us by the seniors about how to properly conduct ourselves at the high school. Each class got its own senior leader, and when mine walked in, I was floored.

After years of seeing only lanky, scrawny, greasy, slimy, squeaky adolescents, I beheld a glorious man. He was tall, had hair on... everything, and the hair on his head was deep brown and wavy. He had these piercing blue eyes and was built like an Adonis. Lean, muscular, sturdy, and the shorts he was wearing accented his legs and... other things, beautifully. It was one of those moments where the light from heaven shines down upon someone and the angels harmonize in the background, you know?

Anyway, after a couple weeks I changed my schedule and walked into my new lunch shift and there he was! Anxious to creep on him (depressing, I know,lol), I grabbed a seat where I could most easily gaze longingly. The kid I sat next to I struck up small talk with and he introduced himself by first and last name. We soon became friends. The next week, our next lesson comes and in walks Mr. Perfect. As he left, our teacher told us we should thank him for taking up his time to do this, and formally introduced him to us for the first time by his first and last name, and.... he and my new friend had the same last name. They were brothers!!!

So, long story short: four years down the line we're best friends. He's my partner in crime, the Butch Cassidy to my Sundance Kid, the Starsky to my Hutch, the Simon to my Garfunkel, the Calvin to my Hobbes and so on and so forth. I told him the story of how we became amigos, which is basically, "I wanted to creep on your hot brother and unknowingly had to befriend you to do it when I had no clue of your relation," when I came out to him last year (wow, time flies...) and he got a big kick out of it, so I was wondering how you all met your best friends.

P.S. Sorry this was so long. lol (and sorry that I made it longer with the P.S.)

I met my best friend in a castle.... Well a toy castle at a indoor play area at a birthday party when I was 4/5 we then found that we were in the same class at primary school and have been ever since!! I now live with him as we're pretty similar so don't get under each other's skin Smile

I have to say I have three true best friends, all of which I've known the majority of my life. One we grew up together as neighbors at age 5, and have been best friends ever since. The other moved in across the street from my house about the same time, and we still talk daily. The last, I went to school with in first grade. We did everything together and still do.

I'm very fortunate to have had such good friends for so many years.

Well, I have never had a BFF for very long. I had one friend who I met when my granny moved next door to them. We became friends from just seeing each other out in the yard, and started to talk more and more every time we saw each other. Then when I got out of high school, I moved in with my granny for a while, and we stated running around together and doing stuff.

He ended up lying to me about a promise, so that was the end of that.

I have had three other close friends, who are married women. One moved away to another state, so I rarely ever hear from her anymore. The other one I stayed with for a while when I moved to CA, but then she moved to WA. The other woman I met working in CA, and we still talk sometimes.

Right now I have a male friend, who I met at the last job I had. He helped me out a little after my momma passed away and I had to deal with getting rid of some of her stuff. We run around and do stuff together, but I dont consider us BFF's or anything. We are more like two guys who don't have any other friends, so we just stick to each other.

I don't have...friends...let alone a best friend..

I do have one or 2 former classmates I talk to every now and then and a gay aquaintace who is very very nice to me, but sadly I developed a major crush on him for obvious reasons..not that he knows I'm gay too...

anyway...all of these I have met in college..

I never wanted to see anyone of the people I met in basic, middle or high school ever again...so

My besties come and go, but the one I have right now, I met her at a party in my friends' dorm and long story short, we slowly bonded over cigarettes. Now I'm trying to quit haha

I had a lot of bestfriends in my entire life but most are...just superficial. When I say bestfriend, you should know at least 90% of me...and me, being a gay is already like 40% about me so you are missing a lot.

I had one best friend though who asked if I was gay, yeah seriously..because according to her i can have a girl i like but i never had one... Of course, I denied. And now, i sometimes see her in some ads because she became a commercial model. Ugh.

I had 2 guy best buds...the first one i met in middle school..he was the top of our class. He became my bestfriend because of a geography book.. we would memorize the capitals and shits. After high school, i heard he went to Canada for college and lived there..

During college it was my ex who became my best friend because we are both studious..and he's really funny..

Mostly, my best buds are people I am comfortable with..and with common interests

I met my best friend in middle school. I'd just switched school and was still foolish enough to be shy. She wouldn't ever take my quiet shenanigans and really got me out of my shell. I actually had a crush on her for a while as well, but I think she new better and just played it cool until I started to really piece together who I was. Still my best friend! I'm sure she's going to be maiden of honour at my fagtastic future wedding Big Grin

I don't simply have one best friend. I have friends I've known for a long time that no matter how much time it's been since we last seen each other, it seems like nothing has changed. These are the best ones. I've met most of them in middle school.

Then there are the ones from high school. Honestly, I've made more acquaintances than friends during that period. I hated that school and people there seemed to be pretty... fake. So I ended up with two friends, a dude and a girl that also hated that place. I met the dude because he was a friend of a friend and was really introverted. We became really close friends quite fast, he seemed to act more like himself with me.

Then... The ones from college. I just met them, but I think they are friends I'll keep for the rest of my life. They make me laugh when I'm feeling down, help me whenever I need, listen to my troubles.

I may not have lots of friends, but the ones I have are the best ones I could wish for.

I met my best friend in my senior year Forensics class. We dated for a little bit and when I found out I was gay she helped me through it.