Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-rape clothing
This is obviously needed in Africa and India

http://http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ar-wear-confidence-protection-that-can-be-worn
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The link doesn't work..... at least for me.

Edward Wrote:The link doesn't work..... at least for me.

Sorry Edward, I have no idea why. I copied and pasted it correctly. Try this:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ar-wea...an-be-worn

You might have to cutb and paste it in to your search engine though.

I've just made a slight alteration to the first link and it now works. For me at least.

Now it's ok.

However I don't think this anti rape clothing is a good idea. The inability to remove this garment might anger the attacker to the point where he might kill the woman.

Edward Wrote:Now it's ok.

However I don't think this anti rape clothing is a good idea. The inability to remove this garment might anger the attacker to the point where he might kill the woman.

but if he could get it off , then he would definitely rape her

so if it was a choice between definitely being raped , or maybe possibly being physically hurt (maybe killed) , i know what a lot of people would choose ...

I find it a novel idea and worth pursuing. You have to consider that a large number of rapes are crimes of opportunity. Slowing down the attacker is a good way to diminish the opportunity. There's definitely situations where this wouldn't stop an attacker, but I tend to think there are also situations where the deterrent would work well enough to stop the attack.

There is still going to be a huge psychological impact due to the attack itself, even without penetration. This shouldn't be understated. When a person is attacked it's a terrible thing to go through.

What's disturbing is the fact that something like this is viewed as necessary in our society. That speaks volumes about how common violence against women happens.

I think it's a shame to even need this, but I agree with Meggy.

Like, if someone were to rape me, he'd better make damn sure it was good for me, otherwise don't even waste my time or I will definitely come back for him.

Which is why, for me atleast, this type of clothing is somewhat good, cause it reduces the chance of rape(and me personally going after the guy) and for some girls to have to go to jail for murder.

If he gets mad and wants to hit a girl for not being able to get to her apple, then clearly the suit is doing it's job, as getting raped would probably be worse and he can always still hit you as he's raping you anyway. Rapists generally aren't gentle people >,>

Isn't this a 21st Century version of the medieval chastity belt?

A can of mace would be cheaper and a solid kick to the groin area more satisfactory Smile

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:Isn't this a 21st Century version of the medieval chastity belt?

A can of mace would be cheaper and a solid kick to the groin area more satisfactory Smile

ObW
X

mace and groin-kicking only work if the potential rape victim is conscious and sober, which is often not the case.
the article also points out that a can of mace (or something similar) can always be taken away from the victim and used against them.

Edward Wrote:Now it's ok.

50 seconds in to the video it says:

Studies show that resisting sexual assault lessens the chance of rape taking place without increasing the violence of the attack