Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrannical bosses
Has anyone here ever had to contend with an evil boss? My ex boss was an absolute bitch who wouldn't leave me alone. She had serious issues and would victimise me for no reason. some of the other people in my old office were dickheads as well but she was the worst by far. I had to listen to her stupid patronising monologues practically everyday. She had a habit of picking on people's weaknesses and even went so far as to accuse others of lying when really they could've just made a mistake. In any case, you shouldn't make accusations like that sans proof.

When she was talking down to me once I actually felt pure rage coursing through my veins. It takes a lot to make me that angry but by God I felt it that day. I actually felt like hitting her. I know its a terrible thing to think but I felt like it, she was really really that bad. I couldn't find any redeeming features, this woman was an absolute bully. I was glad to leave, I would've left one way or another because there's no way I could've put up with that for much longer. I just wish I had the courage to stand up to people like that.

Looking back I should've sought advice from the trade union. Oh well! You live and learn eh?

Sounds like an awful experience, and that's an understatement. I consider myself lucky that I never had to put up with that.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Everyday...

everyday....

and to put the cherry on top of things, my boss acts like she's the most lovely person alive..

she managed to convice all folks that don't work for her that she is lovely..

and all of us who work under her yoke must suffer...

ala, she is a renouned chemist so on the bright side working for her gears up my CV...

I feel for all of you who have to deal with "unfriendly" bosses..

remember..*sigh*---work is work and money is money,,

Chemists eh? You know I could've easily become a chemist/academic/dentist/accountant/doctor or joined some other brilliant profession no problem if it weren't for me being kept down all the time by bullies like my damned ex boss. I can't blame people like this for all the world's evils but they're responsible for quite a few of them let me tell you!

Not really... I have one manager that's a bitch, but as long as you aren't the worst employee of the shift her attention is... diverted. My managers all like me (or so I hope! Evaluation on Sunday!).

If you're in a company that's larger, you can most likely speak to a fellow co-worker, saying you're going to make a report or something, and ask if they'll back you up. I would not say anything alone though, as it's your word against her. My job has anonymous systems to report harassment to, and they send agents from head office to investigate.

If it's not a permanent job though I would look towards getting another job and leaving crazy where you found her.

You might find People of the Lie an interesting read. Here's a summary (continues under the heading of Evil):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Scott_Pe...of_the_Lie

Tulloni Wrote:You know I could've easily become a chemist/academic/dentist/accountant/doctor or joined some other brilliant profession no problem if it weren't for me being kept down all the time by bullies like my damned ex boss.

It's never too late to go back to school. Sure, at some point in your life you will become too old for a profession that requires personal fitness, but the professions you've mentioned aren't out of your reach if you were to go back to school. Don't let bullies hold you back and don't use bullies as an excuse to stay back.
You would know more about how education works in the UK more than I do, but in my country a 28 year old man going to back to school to be a chemist/academic/dentist/accountant/doctor wouldn't bat a single eye. Not in any STEM field, academic circles, finance profession, or even the medical field. I see people who are three times my age who are back in school.
Sure, 18 y/o's going straight to university have it easier in scoring scholarships. But that's just for their first year. You might have to take out student loans, but if you're in the right major you can easily pay it off.
Don't ever let the bullies win. The sadder you are the happier they are and the happier you are the sadder they are. Make the bullies sad - make them really, really, really sad.

In a smaller firm that is less well structured people are open to abuse.
I remember an evil boss who bullied everybody. I stood up to him as it didnt suit me to leave and eventually he fired me. It was his firm.

Sure, you can study but you have no guarantee it won't happen again.

\the multinationals have procedures in place and a boss who bullies an employee and the employee who is bullied are both dealt with as follows:
\both are seen as troublemarkers and it is usually the end of the road as far as promotion goes for both of them. However in the larger organisation if you are a good worker and keep your head down you have a greater possibility of transferring to a different location or job with it.

Unfortunately I don't make the rules but in many organizations you do not have bullies either.

southbiochem Wrote:Everyday...

everyday....

and to put the cherry on top of things, my boss acts like she's the most lovely person alive..

she managed to convice all folks that don't work for her that she is lovely..

and all of us who work under her yoke must suffer...

ala, she is a renouned chemist so on the bright side working for her gears up my CV...

I feel for all of you who have to deal with "unfriendly" bosses..

remember..*sigh*---work is work and money is money,,

Chemist.............easily enough to poison her food where its untraceable.

OH!!! Did I "say" that out loud???

Evilgrin1

I have had every imaginable evil, vile, contemptuous, vicious, snarling dog of a satanic boss there is.

I worked in a label factory some years back, and the plant manager NEVER talked to you, he SCREAMED obscenities at you, THREATENED you, and mentally abused you.

Had another piece of shit (actually, shit is SO much better than he could ever even fantasize to be)....anyway, this piece of shit dumped EVERYTHING that all the other employees did, on me. Example: One of the fat assed cunts that worked in my area had some issue with me....dont know why...I never talked to her, as we worked opposite areas of the department. Anyway, she told the boss one time that I just left work early. Which I didnt, I worked my whole shift.

Instead of asking me about it or finding out that this cunt was a liar, he told me I couldnt work for the rest of the week!

My last boss was a conniving, vicious, two faced, evil, backstabbing, whore from hell....and thats just her GOOD qualities. You were ok, unless you pissed her off. And it didnt matter how or what the reason was that you pissed her off............she held a VICIOUS GRUDGE against you for the rest of your life at that company.

But, I have learned from these sacks of human garbage. I have learned HOW to get back at them where it hurts them the most. And I use it. And the wonderful thing is, they have no clue its me.