Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I said it: "Yes, I like dudes"
I tried to keep this as short as I could. Bare with me. I share this cause GS is the main reason for me to have grown a pair and done this.

Called a guy I’ve been hung up on for a while now. We’ve known each other 4 years. He said he’d take me out.

To give you an idea of how badly I deal with things: This is the first time I’ve picked up the phone and used his number since he gave it to me (I know, I know, don’t judge)

Goals:

Simply to get off my chest the whole “dude, I like dudes” and “dude, I like you….a lot”. Break the habit of self-imposed loneliness. Opening up to the possibilities.

Keeping the pragmatic mindset:

I had no expectations as of the results of this. No expectations = no disappointments.

I have known for a while he does have a thing for me. (Certain things like kissing my neck in public and some other things like someone telling me “Yeah, he likes you, he told me”Wink

But momma raised no fool. So much time has passed without me saying anything. He has mileage on him and I am utterly inexperienced.

That aside, I knew his response would be positive, and he would be friendly and supportive. I could even guess that he would find it funny and cute.

Conclusion: I had nothing to lose and a number of things to gain.

Results:
Goals were achieved. It actually came off naturally. All the nerves went away.
All my previous assessments were proven correct:

He does prefer experienced guys. He did say “you should have told me this before”. He finds himself in a sore place now due to failed past relationships.

On the bright side he was in fact sweet and supportive and very much prone to give me hugs ( I even shared an embarrassing moment of me ending up in floor 3 when I was going to floor 2 just because he had said hi to me). He found that cute.

He gave me plenty of advice in how to break my anti-social habits, and given my lack of gaydar he offered himself to point me out dudes in our college…that made me laugh.

He said something that threw me off: “You are way above much of the average dudes, and one of the most interesting people I know. Break out of pushing people away and they will notice it too” :eek:

Aftermath:
We are getting together again next week and I got a kiss on the cheek and one in the neck as a goodbye.

Allow me to consider this a victory

I... am.... so.... fucking... happy for you. I swear, I almost started squeeking out some tears reading this. And that would've made the other people in my school library feel really uncomfortable.

This is monumental! Of course it's a victory. You should feel tremendously proud of yourself. Can you imagine how many people die in old age having never told anyone and lived a life of utter misery and desperation? Well... not you! What you did takes courage. I hope you're feeling as happy for yourself as I feel for you right now... hard as that would be to achieve.

Biochem, Dude, you make me (and us all, I'm guessing) soooooo proud... and happy for you to have grown a pair.... (you'll see, they come in handy once you're in the sack).... haha.... Well done, you!!!

Congratulations SB! Also I love how you wrote it like a research paper, nice Wink

Omar this is delicious, congrats!!

Now get in his pants! Mexicanwave

You dont know how happy i am for you...if you can just see my smile while reading every sentence..

Anyway, more than anything else, telling someone in real life you are indeed gay would help you in the long run. Cause in what i can observe, you have some repressed emotions, maybe because you are not so comfortable in expressing yourself in real life due to your sexuality; like you wanna say a lot of things but cause you're gay, you just keep it to yourself...though you've found GS, and it became a medium where you can express yourself freely as a gay man, it is clearly better to be the real you - a gay man, in front of someone in real life...

And just spending time on GS, you discovered a lot of things about yourself...and i can attest to it. You are indeed sweet, a good conversationalist, very sociable, yeah a flirt, and more than anything else very compassionate and caring. What more if you are with a gay man in person, surely you would discover more things about yourself you never knew before...

You are indeed victorious, not just for the fact you told a person you like that you are gay (and not to mention the kisses and hugs ha!), but for being brave enough to face the challenge. You've done yourself a huge favor...and im soo proud of you Omar Smile

Edit: f*ck i made a novel..sorry

Every little step counts, doesn't it, towards progress? Bighug

YAY! You don't realize how happy I get when people successfully come out!
And I consider this coming out! Well... it is!
Anyway... congratulations!!! Big Grin
I'm proud of you! I think you have a keeper! Tongue
Pengy

Wade Wrote:I... am.... so.... fucking... happy for you.

You know someone's being honest when they use "fucking happy" instead of "happy"

giving credit where it's due, your p-flag thread gave me last push I needed to do it.

princealbertofb Wrote:Biochem, Dude, you make me (and us all, I'm guessing) soooooo proud

You know a 54 year old is being honest when he uses the word "dude" Confusedmile: Thanks PA

ggugcuuau Wrote:Congratulations SB! Also I love how you wrote it like a research paper, nice Wink

I treated the whole situation like a research study too...it paid off.

Evan88 Wrote:f*ck i made a novel..sorry

And I loved every word of it. Confusedmile:

dude...I'm fucking happy for you Wink

Seriously, good luck with it all.