Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communal changing rooms
So I go the swimming pool most weeks, which has open plan changing room and showers. I notice a lot of guys keep their swimwear on in the showers, and do this "towel thing" when changing to keep them covered up from the waist down when dressing. I don't really understand this behaviour, but I guess it's quite common to feel embarrassed about being naked in front of other people.

I was wondering how the folk here felt about showering/changing in communal places.

When I used to go to the gym in London I very rarely saw any "modesty changing", most guys just stripped off, showered and dressed. Maybe it's different in Warwickshire.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I Kinda Enjoy The View, But I'm Some Sort Of Weirdo. Not MINORS Of Course. If There Are Minors I'll Get Dressed & Get The Hell Out Of There

I'm overweight. So, I'm that guy who changes in the toilet stall. I don't care if others modestly change or not. I'm certainly not going to do anything to anyone.

I think it has to do more with not wanting a bunch of pervs hanging out in the shower rooms, rather than modesty nowadays.

I mean, if all the guys were "swinging" around in there, there would be a lot more perv's hanging out in those places and bothering people.

PenguinPecker Wrote:I'm overweight. So, I'm that guy who changes in the toilet stall. I don't care if others modestly change or not. I'm certainly not going to do anything to anyone.

You, Overweight? Girl, PLEASE

PenguinPecker Wrote:I'm overweight. So, I'm that guy who changes in the toilet stall. I don't care if others modestly change or not. I'm certainly not going to do anything to anyone.

Unless you look like this, or bigger...........you are NOT overweight!!!!
[Image: chubby_guy_by_naruto3ever-d31jurc.jpg]

And NO, thats not me.

MisterTinkles Wrote:And NO, thats not me.

Thank heavens for that.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Us older folk were a product of forced Locker Room showers in Physical Education. As such we don't have the embarassment factor the kids have who have been coddled and carried through life as if they are fragile glass.

Head helmets to ride bikes, the banning of Yard Jarts - no forced communal showering in high school.... you kids are such pansies - I bet your mothers didn't even smoke and drink alcohol when pregnant with you either... sheesh....

I think it is a generational thing, older generation males are less likely to hide their body in a communal shower/changing locker room scenario but we have 'rules' of not peeking and stuff.

Oh and rules about not talking in public restrooms....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Us older folk were a product of forced Locker Room showers in Physical Education. As such we don't have the embarassment factor the kids have who have been coddled and carried through life as if they are fragile glass.

Head helmets to ride bikes, the banning of Yard Jarts - no forced communal showering in high school.... you kids are such pansies - I bet your mothers didn't even smoke and drink alcohol when pregnant with you either... sheesh....

I think it is a generational thing, older generation males are less likely to hide their body in a communal shower/changing locker room scenario but we have 'rules' of not peeking and stuff.

Oh and rules about not talking in public restrooms....

Speak for yourself OLD MAN!

My body is private and personal. I only allow a lucky few to see me without clothes. And that includes when I was younger! I got written up several times because I refused to get naked in public.