Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a normal behavior?
So I've been dating my boyfriend for a month now and when we first started he texted me a lot and called me but now he doesn't do it as often. The other day he was telling me that because I do not text him, which I do but not every single hour maybe every 4-5 hours, he thinks I'm not interested in him. The thing is I think he wants me to always text him first now and if a long time passes he gets mad. Today I called him in the afternoon and he was busy doing something from work and he said he would call me in 5 minutes but 5 hours have passed and he haven't called so I either assume he is busy, forgot, or doesn't care. But every time I text him he does responds. Am I overreacting? I think sending a text takes seconds and no matter how busy you are, you can make the time.

This is a modern affliction to people tied to there phone needing constant reassurance how they would,ve survived 20 years ago (or another 150,000 years before that) is a guess.

partis Wrote:This is a modern affliction...

It's a modern affliction that we would be better off without. When I leave my house, sometimes I take my phone, but sometimes I don't. When I was on the road, I used to call my girlfriend once a day. If it had been a new relationship, I would have called her once a day. If you're into texting that's up to you (I had it disabled on my phone). But either way, once a day is a lot.

It's different stokes for different folks!
From your post it may be that he is trying to control you?
You make yourself available when you want to not when he wants you to be. Once he realises that he can't push you around he may start to respect you a little and think of you rather than just himself. He needs to accept you the way you are and texting every 5 minutes is both unsustainable and unrealistic. Meeting face to face though is better than all the texting and phonecalls

Edit: I missed "telling me" so my response is a little off. However, you BOTH seem to be having a lot of problems because of this texting issue, so I've left the original post untouched.

Hey, if your boyfriend stops communicating you for days at a time it's a big problem.

But the phrase: I think sending a text takes seconds and no matter how busy you are, you can make the time embodies everything I hate about technology.

I'm a lot like your boyfriend in. I need space and that includes space from a constant stream of idle chatter popping up on my phone. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is like you, exactly like you, and it was the focal point of one of our few arguments.

You can not reasonably expect a human being to devote 100% of his time to you, and it's not fair to force him to also be glued to YOU at every waking moment, either physically or through his phone. Other things will come up, and perhaps he needs a break to recharge for a bit from the world and have some time to himself or even other friends.

If you're always always always always with your significant other physically and through technology there's no chance to breathe, and your presence turns into a weight, rather than something uplifting.

Yes, he can talk to you at any moment, but you also have to understand that sometimes he's not going to do that.

Sorry, got my post mixed up.

There's an ap for that. You can program it to send automated messages to your boyfriend and seem to be from you. Now I see why it was made.

Girls can be obsessed that way, too, but they've always been obsessed with phones (generally speaking).

But the one that disturbs me are those who track people (used by anyone of any age). My BFF was even tracked by her loser boyfriend that way who'd actually called/texted to interrogate her on where she was and why. Where I about exploded was when he texted to ask why she was at the recycling center (as we were leaving) and though we were on the highway she had to answer him...he KNEW she was on the highway but expected her to text him back immediately! I never forgave him for that (I wanted the phone to tell him off right there and interrogate HIM on why he would endanger someone he supposedly loved to ask a stupid question that could easily wait, but she wouldn't let me do that) and I was so glad when she finally broke up with him.

NEEDY is the word here.

NEEDY and ONE-SIDED.

RUN and dont look back!!!!

Back in the day the only phones that existed were tied to the land. Most companies forbid personal phone calls, so people had to go all day long (from leaving in the morning to returning home in the evening) without listening to their partner go on and on and BS.

Or whatever it is you kids do on the fucking phone all day long instead of watching where you are walking or for that matter having a face to face fucking conversation to the person in the same room with you.

Considering for the 4.54 billion years that earth has been around no sepecies what so ever relied on a fucking device to be on contact with another of its kind or any other4 kind.

So no, having the ability to text message or phone call your partner 24/7 is NOT normal - in fact its just totally and completely against evolution and how your species evolved to communicate which is face to fucking face, not via text, not via black magic technologies.

So yeah, your relationship is going to suffer, because you both are relying on technology to fill that gap which evolution demands is face to face communication.

It is very normal. In every functioning relationship, it always starts out all mushy gushy and what not, and you're both always calling/texting eachother and Skyping. And as time goes on, you slowly move away from that. You guys do not have to talk 24/7. At some point, you guys will understand that you also have your own life to tend to and work or school to deal with. It doesn't mean you guys don't care for eachother. If you see this going anywhere, you two HAVE to sit down and talk about this. You both have to acknowledge the fact that you both will be busy here and there and won't be able to talk as much as you can in the beginning. Don't let this weigh you guys down. It really isn't a issue.