Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think a teacher may like me? What should I do?
Okay so to start things out I'm 16 years old in high shcool and my teacher for one of my courses is single and got out of a divorce a few months back and I've kinda had a crush on him since the beginning of the year. No big deal. Not like I was going to act upon it or anything. Anyway over the past few weeks he's came and pulled me out of a few classes (not his own) to ask me whats wrong or if im doing okay and its become a daily thing. He follows me on Instagram and likes my photos on Facebook as well. He always tries to help me and if he needs to use someone as an example in class he always chooses me. People have teased me about it and asked me why he likes me so much and people give me weird stares when he calls my name to do something. I'm openly gay and he knows this and casually brings up gays in class allot. He told me yesterday that he would always be there for me if i needed him. I would like to think that he likes me even though it's kind of wrong in a way. It isn't like hes 40 or anything that that hes really young. I don't think anything is going to come of it but these feelings I've had towards him have drastically grown over the past few weeks since he's basically showed that he cares about me in some way or another. How should I handle this? What do you guys suggest I do? What do you think he feels? He's just trying to be nice right?

He sounds like a creeper honestly. Sorry to judge but I'm old. He sounds like a creeper. You deserve more than he has to offer...but if that's all you want...

I'm uncomfortable just typing in this little box thinking about a grown ass man deliberately creepin' on a 16 year student in his place of employment. Think of it like this, if his boss, or his wife, or his mom, or his bff knew about this how would they react? If your boss or parent or bff knew about this how would they react? Follow it through as watch him get fired...or at least hurt your feelings.

Age of consent does not mean diddlysquat to me when it's my own 16 year old!!!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Err...it's also possible that you just imagine he wants more with you.
I think he may just aporeciate you.
Teachers are humans, they appreciate some of their students more than others...just take it that way...

This could down a very bad path for you both if you are not careful.
I think really he is way to old for you,he may just trying to be friendly but from what you describe he may be after more.
Like CCROX has stated he could get fired and your feelings badly hurt if something happens between you.
Try to put him off gently if he is just being friendly,make something up, perhaps tell him you have met someone you really like this could be online,so you could easy explain to him why he does know this 'person'.
Then see how be reacts,but most of all tread carefully and take care of you feelings.

I could be innocent, like Ekwarph says, or it could be something more. You admit you have a crush on him, so that could be clouding how you see things, however, it's very possible that he is a 'creeper' as mentioned above.

I've never had a teacher pull me out of class just to see how I am.....very unusual.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

No no no no no NO! Do not even consider it. If he likes you then ignore it.. if you like him then feed yourself off him. Just no. This is a dangerous line to cross so don't bother doing it. Wait until you finish high school then go back and find him if you must but at the moment? Nope. Just don't.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

What everyone said is pretty much right. We can't control who you like and what you feel, but in this situation, you are the student and he's the teacher and there is a big risk if you even try to go in for the catch or fall for any of his "calls" of kindness. I am not judging you or him based on the age difference. I have no place to judge on that. But for the sake of you and him, do not go for it. Brush it off. You really don't know what kind of person he is. And acting on your feelings will get him fired and much more importantly, could get you hurt physically and emotionally. For now, you only know how he is as your teacher. Maybe a little bit of him is coming out to you when he personally talks to you, but none the less, you don't know who he really is and he could end up being a complete creep and could gain control of you and hurt you. Take this advice for your safety.

I'd say all of it could be in your head (seeing/wanting something that isnt' there.. you could have a crush on your teacher, not the other way around), but the fact that he's following you on facebook and instagram seems weird and unprofessional to me.

Being openly gay at 16 must bring alot of trouble. Bullies look for reasons to bully and gays are easy targets. I hope the teacher is just watching over you, to make sure you're alright.
Most countries have laws against caretakers and the cared for forming relationships. Don't act on your feelings.

I used to work with youth and occasionally they would get crushes on me, I found it to be cute. As longas it was harmless. And it normally was. To me this seems a little morethanjust a teacher findingit cute that his student has a crush on him. He is following you on social media? I grew up without that so not so sure how that works.

When I worked with youth I often became friends with them. Though I never let it get to the point I would consider that, I was a little worried with how it looked.