Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football
Any football supporters on here? (Man United doesn't count :tongue: )Laugh

How VERY dare you say Man U don't count :biggrin:

I started supporting them after my uncle who moved to Australia bought me a Man U shirt when I went out there to visit in 1995.
2nd team is QPR... which is the main family team.

Not a great football fan... get very fidgety tryin to sit thru 90 mins of it and chances of ever getting me to play footie is just about 0!

To be fair, its jealousy on my part, I support Crystal Palace, which is proving to be tough! I used to play, but mainly down to laziness I spend my sundays in bed or at the pub Laugh

I've only ever been to watch 3 footie games... 2 of which were QPR vs Crystal Palace. QPR won one of them, CP the other.

The other was a QPR of old vs new QPR charity game.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I've only ever been to watch 3 footie games... 2 of which were QPR vs Crystal Palace. QPR won one of them, CP the other.

Was one of those last year?

SElondon87 Wrote:Was one of those last year?

lol nah... this was years ago... quite possibly pre-teen!!

NEVER heard of Cystal Palace before.I'm sure they aren't in the English Premier League or UEFA right?CP sounds like Hello Kitty's secret castle in the skies,guarded by pink unicorns and made out of milk tarts.I'm not really into English soccer or just soccer period.I'm a rugby guy and a decent scrum half.Seriously,Crystal Palace?!

Dan1089 Wrote:NEVER heard of Cystal Palace before.I'm sure they aren't in the English Premier League or UEFA right?CP sounds like Hello Kitty's secret castle in the skies,guarded by pink unicorns and made out of milk tarts.I'm not really into English soccer or just soccer period.I'm a rugby guy and a decent scrum half.Seriously,Crystal Palace?!

Laugh Laugh Laugh

We're below the English PL and are actually a bit rubbish, but i've been brought up with it, cant get away now!

The crystal palace was an exhibition centre in south london in the early 1900's, the workers football team evolved into the crap I go and watch now Laugh

I've been too a few Linfield matches but only cause friends were goin at the time...footballs never been my thang...altho sayin that a few beers with mates and footy on the telly can be fun Wink

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I've only ever been to watch 3 footie games... 2 of which were QPR vs Crystal Palace. QPR won one of them, CP the other.

Well, that's one more than me then!

The first game I went to was with a friend from school in 1966/7. We saw Chelsea playing Wolves at Stamford Bridge. Can't remember a thing about the game, but I remember being very excited by the vividness of the colours and that it was VERY cold that day.

The other game I went to was at whatever Manchester City's ground is called. I was at a music education conference in Chester and looking forward to the Saturday afternoon seminars when my boss (I had a proper job at the time) and his deputy grabbed an arm each and bundled me into his car. Apparently it was far more important to support Norwich City than discuss work. Not only was I highly irritated by the kidnap, but I was also the only one frisked for dangerous weapons!