Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are a lot of gays shallow?
Why are a lot of gays shallow?

Every where I go in the scene all I come across is shallow people which are more interested in them self's than others and if you don't act or look right they treat you like s**t.

This describes most humans.

I agree. This not just a gay thing. Browse Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.. you'll see my point. Biggrina

Why is it mostly gay people I meet like it though, I say about 75% of gays Ive ever met have been like.

I think some times Gay men are there own worse enemy.

Because gays are no better than anyone else.

I have to agree with Uneunsae and Pix. I would say that your percentage can pretty much be extended to ALL people rather than just gays.

Perhaps it's just more noticeable for you with gays because that's what you're focused on?

hmmmmm that might be the problem lol!

They are sexual beings doing what they are programmed to. Just not reproducing, lol

Mick

Well I'm trying to find a date on gindr at the moment lmao!!

Grinder is for hook-ups not relationships.

The majority of LGBT have issues - psychological issues. Not because they are LGBT but because of how they are treated for being LGBT.

Even those who have not been personally bashed get it secondhand.

For instance, when someone looks at a car and says 'that car is gay' - they ain't saying that the car has sexual preferences, they are saying that car is gay, which translates to gay = bad.

You are dealing with a group of people who have adopted survivor skills. Yeah sure those skills ain't pretty, but they work. Shallowness or perceived shallowness protects them, protects them from having to open themselves up to more harm - perhaps not the harm of bigotry, but harm nonetheless.

LGBT also tend to have serious relationship 'issues' not because we are LGBT, but by how LGBT relationships are perceived.

We live in a society which tells us daily that LGBT love ain't real love. perhaps not to your face, but every time we are faced with not being able to marry, we are being told exactly that.

All of that negativity we receive gets processed and turned around and comes back out.

Some of us become the jaded old queen, others decide that whilst at the bar we might as well drink until black-out... or cut, or use drugs, or run highly risky sex-capades or take our suppressed anger out on someone we can perceive as less than us in order to make ourself feel better.

That is where the shallowness comes in. And the plastic 'gotta be perfect' aspect - its all about trying to be better, to overcome all of that negativity and place self above others because so many others have place themselves above us.