Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaky incident (gay activist vs homophobic Christian)
Freaky incident at 0:22

I don't know what to think of this.

Pies in the face are usually hilarious but I didn't find this one funny at all.

Yes, the Christian lady was being homophobic BUT she was exercising her right to free speech and her reaction was brave and dignified.

And the Bible clearly condemns homosexuality, no question about it (Leviticus 20:13)

Yes, the gay activist had every right to feel offended but was that the best way to react?

yeah, he was kind of a dick, but at least the lady was a calm and dignified about it.
oh and do you know the name of the documentary?

It's just so hard to take it seriously...

Thank you so much for this! I watched the video in its entirety and it really gives me a starting point to merging my spirituality with who I am.

As for the point of the post...no, the pie in the face is not justified. Though it is certainly not equal to physically beating someone for being gay, it is an attack on someone for who they are and what they believe. We may not agree with their point of view, but something as silly as a pie in the face or any other negative action does nothing to help our position. If anything, it will make those that are against us stand more firm in their beliefs that we are wrong and bad.

Thanks again MisterLove!

I don't condone violence of any type, better ways to protest than throwing stuff at peoples faces.

AlohaS Wrote:Thank you so much for this! I watched the video in its entirety and it really gives me a starting point to merging my spirituality with who I am.

As for the point of the post...no, the pie in the face is not justified. Though it is certainly not equal to physically beating someone for being gay, it is an attack on someone for who they are and what they believe. We may not agree with their point of view, but something as silly as a pie in the face or any other negative action does nothing to help our position. If anything, it will make those that are against us stand more firm in their beliefs that we are wrong and bad.

Thanks again MisterLove!

Thanks Honey.

I haven't seen the whole film yet, I found that incident so disturbing I had to stop watching.

I've been through some tough situations before (nothing as embarrassing as that, though) and life has taught me that violence and resentment don't pay off, they really don't.

Erm, that's Anita Bryant, and she was in the process of trying to get a Dade County law against discrimination based on sexual orientation repealed. She was a Queen of anti gay rhetoric and persuasion.

My goodness, we're getting this upset about an incident that happened in 1977?

btw, she'd succeeded, and it wasn't until 1998, 20 years later, that the ordinance against sexual orientation discrimination was once again law. As well, in those days a cream pie in the face wasn't considered an act of violence. TV comedy was rife with it in the 60s and 70s. (Milton Berle had a famous pie gag on his show as an example)

A pie in the face is considered violent in these days? :confused: