Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo answers rant (it sucks)
Yahoo does not understand that the success of Yahoo Answers depends on people's ability to use it as a forum. Now that they have been cracking down on questions that are conversational, people are leaving. I wish they'd just give up because they're never going to stop people from using it as a forum. Yahoo Answers has never been a legitimate Q&A site.

I have no idea what site it is, but I keep running into one lately in my searches that does this whole "slideshow" answer thing. It's f-ing ridiculous. Might be Yahoo answers. I'm not sure.

I am one of the thousands of Yahoo Answers refugees.
I just figured it up that I was there 11 years.
In the past 3 years Y!A has been slowly taken over by trolls but that's not the big problem.

First they changed from the familiar "green" format to the "purple" ---- lots of people left then.

Then they began tweeking the rules and the format. I was curious and put out feelers on a few pvt forums about it and got a reply from a former Yahoo employee who explained what they were doing. He was there when they had chatrooms and decided to s-l-o-w-l-y phase them out.

Why where the chatrooms phased out? Yahoo was doing them for free. The companies starting up pay chat sites made a deal with Yahoo to stop competing with them. Yahoo made their chatrooms more and more complicated, problematic and full of adbots that people left out of desperation and went to sites where they had to begin paying.

That's exactly what's happening with Yahoo Answers now.
They are phasing out Y!A with the exact same game plan. Before I came here I went to other sites and a paying member on six sites that I hate now that I've become a member here.

I sure hate it, cuz after 11 years I was always in the top 10 rankings. oh well.... it was nothing but points that meant nothing.

Yahooo Answers was never good. It's a cesspool for trolling, and contrived content to repost on social media.

I've never even heard of it.

Ask.com is the one that drives me crazy....endless lists of links that answer nothing

Yahoo may as well just let this one disappear naturally as well. It seems like the company have destroyed everything they've touched so far. Flickr was by far the worst example.

I think basically any site that relies on wisdom of the crowd is shitty. Even Wikipedia is questionable at times.

Everything about Yahoo sucks. I dumped my Yahoo email because I kept getting all kinds of weird strangers wanting to add me on chat, and their spam filter is nonexistent ---

Adam Wrote:Everything about Yahoo sucks. I dumped my Yahoo email because I kept getting all kinds of weird strangers wanting to add me on chat, and their spam filter is nonexistent ---

Hear hear, dude I dumped Yahoo two years ago because they kept on being hacked. My Yahoo account was used as a professional email and I kept on getting all kinds of crap and I ended my relationship with yahoo when they've got hit so bad that my password wouldn't work for a week. When I gained back access it was to delete yahoo all together. Yahoo sucks Period and it doesn't matter what subdomains they own.

agreed. lol I was just thinking the other day that is seems to be a place for the least common denominator of trolling on the web.