Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accent Test
Think you got an accent? Then test so by recording a video and posting it here! Just do these steps:

Your name and username.
Where you’re from.
Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Choose a book and read a passage from it.
Do you think you have an accent?
Be a wizard or a vampire?
Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.

Heres my test

Well I ain't going to do that. I don't record and post anything that may get me tagged in real life.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well I ain't going to do that. I don't record and post anything that may get me tagged in real life.

Ditto. Quite apart from the fact that I see no point in the "test". Everyone has an accent.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well I ain't going to do that. I don't record and post anything that may get me tagged in real life.

Agreed. Besides, my accent is hardly elegant, along the lines of "Pahk the cah in the Hahvahd Yahd" -

Agree about the recording...I had a telemarketer splice the word "YES" to a question I never said yes to so I learned....

There is a test of the internet though that is not verbal and it asks a series of questions and claims it can pinpoint where you grew up.....

They pinpointed me in Fremont California....I grew up in San Jose California which is right next door...damn close!

East Wrote:Agree about the recording...I had a telemarketer splice the word "YES" to a question I never said yes to so I learned....

There is a test of the internet though that is not verbal and it asks a series of questions and claims it can pinpoint where you grew up.....

They pinpointed me in Fremont California....I grew up in San Jose California which is right next door...damn close!

Speaking of which, I just took that test - and aside from reminding that drive-through liquor stores actually exist (:O), it pinned me within 90 miles of where I've lived since I was 11. Not bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/...html?_r=2&

I've taken the online quiz before and it was very accurate. It put me at the Detroit/Toledo/Grand Rapids region. The test will only work for U.S. people.

Miles Wrote:Speaking of which, I just took that test - and aside from reminding that drive-through liquor stores actually exist (:O), it pinned me within 90 miles of where I've lived since I was 11. Not bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/...html?_r=2&

This test put me in Seattle... it's about 400 miles off. All because I said "Potato Bug" ?

Mkay. No one else is doing vids. Also I took that accent test augustus, it put me in Providence RI, D.C. and Richmond VA. I still talk the same way I do when I lived in south-western Connecticut. I may have adopted using "ain't" a little since moving to Florida but its pretty much still the same

[Image: TjdVFzY.png]

Did the test for fun, it put me around New York, Jersey City, Yonkers region... Rofl